Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dual Mass Flywheel

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Posting as a new thread...

Two questions:

1) is our stock flywheel a single or a dual mass one (I am confused)
2) if single, where can I get a DMF stateside? It seems that PumaSpeed offers one (mine is a 2015, so this is MK7, I guess?)

Thanks as always, fellas.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Well, if this is the case I'd keep the one I have - I suppose that it is OK after 80K miles...

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id wait till clutch is slipping. Then upgrade to single with stronger unit.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My DMF started making noise after just 1k. Definitely get something better than OEM.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Well, I have put 80k miles on the OEM flywheel, haven’t had any issues. I am going to swap the clutch for the ST200 number. The only thing I am unsure about is whether I should replace the flywheel or not...

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Well, I have put 80k miles on the OEM flywheel, haven’t had any issues. I am going to swap the clutch for the ST200 number. The only thing I am unsure about is whether I should replace the flywheel or not...
I would but you can always examine it first and then decide.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
Saw your other post. While you are going through trouble of doing the clutch, you should go ahead and consider replacing the flywheel with a new unit. The OEM flywheels are dual mass and have springs within them that tend to fail prematurely leading to rattles. If you do it with clutch should save you some labor costs since you are doing it all at once.

Also if you are doing clutch make sure to go with a new slave cylinder as well.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Saw your other post. While you are going through trouble of doing the clutch, you should go ahead and consider replacing the flywheel with a new unit. The OEM flywheels are dual mass and have springs within them that tend to fail prematurely leading to rattles. If you do it with clutch should save you some labor costs since you are doing it all at once.

Also if you are doing clutch make sure to go with a new slave cylinder as well.
Those are wise words. That’s also what my mechanic said about the slave cylinder. Will do.