Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E30 Mixing guide?

You could make your life MUCH easier by purchasing one or two of these. I fill each with 6gal e30 mix and keep them at home. 6gal is 1/2tank so when I get below 1/2 on the gauge, I just dump a can in and the car is full again. VP nozzles insert without any issues and the fuel dispenses quickly.

Edit: I can’t hotlink from my phone for some reason. Try this: VP Racing Fuels 3512 + 3044B 5 Gallon Square Red Racing Utility Jug w/ 14 Inch Deluxe Filler Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AVQC01U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_A75NRV567K68GM968EG4?psc=1
I'm using this idea because this sounds really convenient for me based on where my only E85 station is.

Quick 2 questions though which may sound dumb -

- When you say you fill 6 gallons of E30 mix, is that 5gal 93oct + 1gal E85?
- I have these jugs and see they only go to 5 gallons. Do you just overfill a bit to make 6 gallons? It looks like 6 gallons would fit, so I'm assuming so.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'm using this idea because this sounds really convenient for me based on where my only E85 station is.

Quick 2 questions though which may sound dumb -

- When you say you fill 6 gallons of E30 mix, is that 5gal 93oct + 1gal E85?
- I have these jugs and see they only go to 5 gallons. Do you just overfill a bit to make 6 gallons? It looks like 6 gallons would fit, so I'm assuming so.
I over fill them and use this calculator to get the correct ethanol mix. I also use his testing kit to check e85 and 93 ethanol content before pumping. My station has been extremely consistent (Chevron) so I don’t have to test anymore. It’s always 5% (93) and 85% (e85).

I over fill them and use this calculator to get the correct ethanol mix. I also use his testing kit to check e85 and 93 ethanol content before pumping. My station has been extremely consistent (Chevron) so I don’t have to test anymore. It’s always 5% (93) and 85% (e85).
Oh well that's a nifty calculator.

If I understand this right, assuming my station has the same fuel quality as yours (I will test mine), this is my result below:
1648519243800.png

So with ~2g E85 and ~4g 93oct I can refill at half a tank in this scenario. Depending on my testing, I'll just have to adjust numbers in the calculator.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Thanks for the assist!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Oh well that's a nifty calculator.

If I understand this right, assuming my station has the same fuel quality as yours (I will test mine), this is my result below:
View attachment 47795

So with ~2g E85 and ~4g 93oct I can refill at half a tank in this scenario. Depending on my testing, I'll just have to adjust numbers in the calculator.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Thanks for the assist!
Yeah just test the fuel, view the fuel percentage gauge on the Cobb AP, input the numbers and you’re done. It’s completely accurate according to my Dizzy Ethanol Gauge.

For the fuel jugs, just put 6 for the tank size and fill accordingly.