Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Code P1450

Yeah, it took some digging to find the part. If you search the name Tube - Fuel Feed it doesn't show up. I had to get the "local"(45 miles away) Ford dealership to find it. It took him a few minutes to find it in their system. Something about that part number for the whole assembly isn't categorized correctly. Apparently the part number is F2BZ-9C047-C.

I was getting the P0456. I cleaned all hose and electrical connections to the canister, and cleaned and lubed the "filler cap". Now I'm getting P1450 and P0456.
Did we get an answer: d2bz9c047e or f2bz9c047c? Mine's a 2017 if that matters. I read elsewhere that 16-19 owners sometimes use the 14-15 part, to be compatible with some aftermarket parts. Maybe the C is the earlier one and E is the later one?

Problem fixed: no more CELs, Codes or Permanent Codes, no more near-stalling after fill-up.
Here's my experience. See Post 23 above for background.
After that post, I started getting CELs and codes 0456 and 1450 more often. I do not "top off", and I wait 30 seconds before removing the nozzle. One day, the car wouldn't fire up at the pump. After about 2 minutes of trying it finally started. (I noticed that when I would hold the start button down to keep cranking the starter, the starter would keep cranking after I released the button. Pressing the button again would stop the starter from cranking. I guess you're probably not supposed to hold the starter down? Another rabbit hole?)
I don't like the "throwing parts at it" method, but there are so many possible things that could be bad in the EVAP system (and even with my FORScan I couldn't narrow it down) so...I went with the evap purge valve. There's one at the canister itself, and one in the engine bay. Based on the posts here, I went with the one in the engine bay. Then there's the question about the part number. The parts diagrams all gave me the d2bz9c047e, but that had more tubes and connectors than the part in my car. Mine looked like f2bz9c047c, with the single offshoot from the main tubing/valve, so I went with that. Compare yours to the two options before ordering. I got an OEM part from Ebay with free shipping to Maui. IMG_7418.jpg
After installation, no more CELs, and the 0456 Permanent Code went away after a few stop/start cycles and miles. The 1450 Permanent Code remained until after the first time I filled up, then went away.
Hopefully this will last, but for next time I bought some fuel line (5/16 i.d.) that fits nicely over the valve's tubing nipples and over the tubing. I can cut out the bad valve and just replace that ($27), clamped into the fuel line "adapters".

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does yours still stumble/stall at idle right after filling up or did the purge valve fix that? Mine still had the post fill up stumble even after I replaced the purge valve, so I assumed that they were two different things
I recently replaced my purge valve and haven’t had the post fill up stumbling since then.

Problem fixed: no more CELs, Codes or Permanent Codes, no more near-stalling after fill-up.
Here's my experience. See Post 23 above for background.
After that post, I started getting CELs and codes 0456 and 1450 more often. I do not "top off", and I wait 30 seconds before removing the nozzle. One day, the car wouldn't fire up at the pump. After about 2 minutes of trying it finally started. (I noticed that when I would hold the start button down to keep cranking the starter, the starter would keep cranking after I released the button. Pressing the button again would stop the starter from cranking. I guess you're probably not supposed to hold the starter down? Another rabbit hole?)
I don't like the "throwing parts at it" method, but there are so many possible things that could be bad in the EVAP system (and even with my FORScan I couldn't narrow it down) so...I went with the evap purge valve. There's one at the canister itself, and one in the engine bay. Based on the posts here, I went with the one in the engine bay. Then there's the question about the part number. The parts diagrams all gave me the d2bz9c047e, but that had more tubes and connectors than the part in my car. Mine looked like f2bz9c047c, with the single offshoot from the main tubing/valve, so I went with that. Compare yours to the two options before ordering. I got an OEM part from Ebay with free shipping to Maui. View attachment 56461
After installation, no more CELs, and the 0456 Permanent Code went away after a few stop/start cycles and miles. The 1450 Permanent Code remained until after the first time I filled up, then went away.
Hopefully this will last, but for next time I bought some fuel line (5/16 i.d.) that fits nicely over the valve's tubing nipples and over the tubing. I can cut out the bad valve and just replace that ($27), clamped into the fuel line "adapters".
So is F straight up wrong? Normally the new letter indicates a revison? I thought a was 14 and 15 c now f would be 16 up. But c looks like it has one more leg to it. I have a 17 I’ll confirm when I do mine

It sounds like different parts work on different cars. I ignored the recommended parts numbers and searched until I found the part that looked like what was on my 2017. Sonny at Ford World OEM Parts has been very helpful and knowledgeable. When he looked up the part for my 2017, he confirmed that was the right part. See photo above.

There are two harnesses 4 leg and 3 leg. The 3 leg is the 16 and up the 4 leg is 14-15 but works with aftermarket intakes and is sold by whoosh.
D2BZ-9C047-E is the 14-15 4 leg or for aftermarket intakes
F2BZ-9C047-C is the 3 leg for 16 and up.

also the back clip by the firewall is a pita to reach with an intake in the way fwiw

Last edited:
Also fwiw 440 miles 20 warm up cycles for ECM to clear the permanent code. At least 15 warm ups and 250 miles seems to be the minimum but it took a while to set the Evap due to traffic. Best of luck to anyone who runs into the purge valve issue what a PITA perm codes are now.