Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine code questions

Every few weeks I'm getting engine codes:

P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Very Small Leak)
P1450 Unable To Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum.

I'm also noticing the hose in the attached photo is kind of loosely on its connectors.

My questions are about how to go about remedying this. I've included the hose picture as I suspect this is part of it, but I really don't know and would love to hear what others know about this.

IMG_3906.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Every few weeks I'm getting engine codes:

P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Very Small Leak)

I'm also noticing the hose in the attached photo is kind of loosely on its connectors.

My questions are about how to go about remedying this. I've included the hose picture as I suspect this is part of it, but I really don't know and would love to hear what others know about this.

View attachment 46504

Thanks in advance for your help.
I've had the P0456 code for a while, I just ignore it, lol.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check, and thanks for omitting the insinuation that I'm an infant for asking a question here.
Also, that part looks right. When my purge valve went bad, my car would barely start after I filled up. It's a cheap, easy to fix part, so you might as well do it. 👍

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
UGH NO

BUY THE PART THAT COMES WITH ALL THE HOSES ATTACHED. IVE DONE THE ONE YOU HAVE RIGHT THERE AND ITS NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS IN COST

LASTLY YOU OBVIOUSLY SMART ENOUGH TO CATCH THE INSULT, BUT NOT USE GOOGLE. ODD

OP
jodyr
Thread Starter #11
UGH NO

BUY THE PART THAT COMES WITH ALL THE HOSES ATTACHED. IVE DONE THE ONE YOU HAVE RIGHT THERE AND ITS NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS IN COST

LASTLY YOU OBVIOUSLY SMART ENOUGH TO CATCH THE INSULT, BUT NOT USE GOOGLE. ODD
Thanks for finding your spoon, Jefe.

Sam4

Check, and thanks for omitting the insinuation that I'm an infant for asking a question here.
Aren't we supposed to avoid leaving open-ended questions where you can add "asshole"? How did everyone get so pissed at you? I had to replace the evap tank (broken mounting tabs), got a related code or 2, suffer from the post fuel fill up idle stumble, and have this waiting for warmer weather - D2BZ-9C047-E. Its somewhere just below your picture, and may be the answer.

OP
jodyr
Thread Starter #14
Hey Sam4 and FiSTdude, I haven't done this repair yet, I'm just clearing the code when it pops up, which has consistently been this one:

BTW: It's the just the one guy who made a comment about not having a spoon, which I took to mean he did not want to "spoon-feed" me with his answers to my questions, I guess. It's not a big deal, he eventually responded with an adequate answer, so I personally consider the matter closed. I know what I need to buy to fix this, I just have to get around to it. I'm waiting until I upgrade my intercooler as I'll have everything pulled apart then.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well you could get an Evap smoke test done for the small leak code* But the P1450 id be going after the purge solenoid as others have stated. Or* replace the purge solenoid and clear codes to see what happens after the purge solenoid Replacement.