Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine oil in battery box

I had to replace my battery today (1 month out of warranty!) and I discovered dirty engine oil in the battery box. Everything is running fine and there doesn't seem to be a leak, so I'm going to blame a sloppy mechanic the last time I had it in for service, but wanted to mention it here in case others have seen the same.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had to replace my battery today (1 month out of warranty!) and I discovered dirty engine oil in the battery box. Everything is running fine and there doesn't seem to be a leak, so I'm going to blame a sloppy mechanic the last time I had it in for service, but wanted to mention it here in case others have seen the same.
Or is it Trans fluid venting from the transmission vent port? It sits right below the battery tray. Might be worth an inspection.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
jodyr
Thread Starter #3
That's more likely. I just had the transmission seals replaced about a month ago. On a cursory inspection, the oil looked like dirty engine oil, but it's not like I'd know the difference anyway. Thanks for the info.