Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine oil level above max mark on dipstick

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Seriously!? I was freaking the heck out. I was always told there should be little to absolutely 0 blow by. I also noticed that when I pulled the cap very very faint white steam was coming from the cap. Is that normal as well?
That is why there is a PCV / breather system

razorlab

1000 Post Club
So an oil Catch can should reduce all of that air coming by?
No, I was talking about the factory system. The air and vapor you are describing when opening the oil cap is managed by the system when the oil cap is sealed.

No, I was talking about the factory system. The air and vapor you are describing when opening the oil cap is managed by the system when the oil cap is sealed.
Awesome well thanks a ton for the replies. I was really freaking out about the blow by pressure.

I also meant to note that it kind of makes a little bit of a chugging noise when the cap is off. Is this normal. Sorry to bother you

What I believe is normal is that the oil cap should never be removed when the engine is running.
Have you ever checked an engine for blow by gasses? That's the most common way to do it and I can promise you it's done very often as a diagnostic technique. After doing this task a compression test would be preformed to confirm that blow by is present.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Have you ever checked an engine for blow by gasses? That's the most common way to do it and I can promise you it's done very often as a diagnostic technique. After doing this task a compression test would be preformed to confirm that blow by is present.
Then I guess it's time for you to do a comp test to ease your fears. ;) Takes 20 minutes tops.

Then I guess it's time for you to do a comp test to ease your fears. ;) Takes 20 minutes tops.
I strongly agree haha. Unfortunately I don't have a comp tester and I really can't imagine that it's messed up with 5k on it. Still runs like its a## is on fire.

This is also the first time I've ever owned a boosted vehicle. I still have to figure out what is normal and what is not. The knowledge you have provide me with is appreciated. Clearly you know your stuff being you have a nasty evo and have owned 2 FiST. thanks again.