Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine sound enhancement

I removed mine a few days ago. It literally takes 30 sec. I noticed a little difference but I havent had the buzzing issue a few have complained about.

Not sure how this would improve boost? My other concern here is if that tube is connected to the intake and you pull the foam out is there a risk of that tube sucking in some random crap from the inside the cabin into the engine??? Forgive my ignorance I haven't even looked at the tube, this is just my initial thoughts after looking at the video.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I want to reduce the nose a little but not eliminate it so I will try changing the foam plug.

Sound Sym.jpg

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #24
Not sure how this would improve boost? My other concern here is if that tube is connected to the intake and you pull the foam out is there a risk of that tube sucking in some random crap from the inside the cabin into the engine??? Forgive my ignorance I haven't even looked at the tube, this is just my initial thoughts after looking at the video.

highly unlikely as its just for noise any vacuum pressure wont be enough to suck anything in. If it were that strong of a vacuum i doubt they would have used a hollow foam filter-thingy

XuperXero

Where exactly is this foam? For the life of me I can't seem to find it even though it takes less than 30 seconds to do this.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
this does nothing to improve boost.
this modification is 100% about a difference in sound, there is zero performance gain. this feature of the car is literally about sound and that's it. I don't think it's sucking in any unmetered air or anything, but just makes it possible for sound to come in by leaving a passage way for some of the sound of the intake to get into the cabin.

XuperXero

Finally found it thanks to Sekred. When the OP mentioned sound tube, I did not know he meant the sound symposer. Just pull sound symposer tube out, remove foam from tube and plug tube back in. My car definitely sounds ricer now... But it is shameful that I like it? LOL

XuperXero

I definitely notice amplified noise. However, past 5k rpm it does sound like buzzing... Doesn't bother me that much since most of my driving is city driving under 4k.