Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ENGINE SWAP PARTY AT MY HOUSE - May 14/15 2016 in Whittier, CA -- PART I - REMOVAL

me32

1000 Post Club
Sorry about all the hassel with ford. If you could when you pull the bad motor take pics of what failed. Good luck

I'm 10 min do the road nick unfortunately I'm in Colorado this weekend! I wanna see pics of this bottom end when you're done!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yup

What got me was the (redacted) brand rmm failed, yanking on oil cooler lines and sandwich plate causing catastrophic oil leak.

I had no idea how bad it was, as I was driving home I thought something sounded off all of a sudden and felt weird, and I was a few blocks from home, so I figure ok, I'll jack it up when I get to the house, and then the oil light came on and bad noises started.

At which point it was too late.

For all that has been said, the above quote is the reason the warranty claim was denied.
It had nothing to do with the way the car looks, although some dealers are a little more closed minded than others.
Bad mouthing vendors/parts that had nothing to do with the failure, in my opinion is just wrong.

Nick, I am glad that things are getting back together for you and I am looking forward to future events with you.
Sorry, I couldn't get down there but I had other family things to attend to.
Besides I would have only gotten in the way as I don't work as fast (if at all) anymore.

Dave

Yup

What got me was the (redacted) brand rmm failed, yanking on oil cooler lines and sandwich plate causing catastrophic oil leak.

I had no idea how bad it was, as I was driving home I thought something sounded off all of a sudden and felt weird, and I was a few blocks from home, so I figure ok, I'll jack it up when I get to the house, and then the oil light came on and bad noises started.

At which point it was too late.
Um, just to play devil's advocate here, it kind of sounds like Ford was justified in denying your warranty claim. An aftermarket part (the RMM) failed leading to a chain of events that resulted in a blown engine. That's not the kind of thing Magnusson-Moss was designed to protect against.

It seems to me that whichever manufacturer made the RMM, would be more on the hook than Ford. I don't know the details of the part but all RMM should be at least oem quality. Unless there was some sort of disclaimer when the mount was purchased.

Forgot to mention this, but if you feel your extended warranty is no longer worth keeping you can contact whoever holds the warranty, ask them to cancel it and issue a prorated refund based on the mileage or time remaining.

This is a little off topic but is there any "mod friendly" service writer/dealership in Orange County area?

Proof that Mountune parts are a joke and waste of money. Their only angle was being warranty safe ( which plenty of us know better than that ).
Is this really how the FiST community feels? I've heard Mountune products being referred to as "well engineered" and "conservative". What's the real deal?

me32

1000 Post Club
Is this really how the FiST community feels? I've heard Mountune products being referred to as "well engineered" and "conservative". What's the real deal?
He just has a bad taste in his mouth about ford thats why.