Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Escape(ing) the FiST

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
After deliberating for weeks and back and forth with my fiance, I have decided to part ways with the Fiesta ST. My fiance and I decided that this was the best thing to do with us getting married soon and our family future being uncertain. I did make one thing clear with her and that was that I did NOT want to compromise on comfort, POWER and creature comforts. I ended up with a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium with 4WD and the 2.0L Ecoboost. This thing basically has every feature besides the moon roof and a few additional silly add-ons. It also has the optional Sport Appearance package that blacks out the trim, headlights and upgrades you to 19" gloss black wheels wrapped in Continental tires. It also has Sync3 v2.2 and the partial leather/cloth seats. One of my favorite features? The FordPass app where I can use my phone to remote start the car, lock/unlock the doors, turn on the A/C, etc. The engine auto start/stop is also great because much of my commuting is in the city and it will surely save me on gas.

I was going to do a partout, but the dealer offered a great price as is ($16k). I still managed to keep the Cobb Accessport and Sparco wheels, I wanted to take the Rotas but couldn't find someone to trade with locally in time. Same goes for the headlights. I took a bit of negative equity but rolled it over into the Escape plus a decent down payment got me out with a decent monthly payment that will have be fully out of car debt in the 3-year lease term.

I have had a great time on this forum and have loved learning on my first Ford and meeting some great people. I will still be on the forums because I enjoy reading and learning about these cars, seeing other members progress and providing my STbrakeflashers services for those who wish to buy my product (shameless plug).

This isn't goodbye, it's just another chapter for this 2nd time Ecoboost owner.

The last time I would see the Fiesta. I really hope it goes to a good home.

The mod bug will never die, currently researching tunes. [grinking]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats, that's a really great looking Escape.

DangerMouse

Mind blown. Your car was one of my favorites on here, someone will be getting an awesome vehicle.

Wish I could of had a shot to grab that suspension setup!

Congrats on the new car, looks good even if it is an suv :)

Sad. You prob could have kept the FiST and gotten a used Escape for not much more. $16K isn't bad for the trade in, but it's a shame given everything you put into it.

Traded my Evo for basically the exact same 2016 Escape you got but had the panoramic moonroof.

The little lady loves it and it makes for a good family cruiser.

Good luck

I'd be interested what the wheels would be with shipping to me.

Sad to see the FiST go! Your's was one of my favorites on the forum. BUT congrats on the new car! Probably the smart way to go financially/family planing wise, but I'm not as smart as you :D

anyway, congrats and stay around the forums!

When I go to PDX and then to Bend/Sunriver, I always rent from Mackenzie to make through the snow. Good people.

To echo the others, your contributions have been great here.

** I have two kids, but since my wife has an Edge Sport AWD, I was able to convince my wife that I could have a tiny car.