Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Excellent Wax

I have been detailing cars long before I could drive, Lol, I've always enjoyed it. Anyway I've have been using Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax for about a year now. It's really important to me that the paint stays super smooth and looks like a mirror all the time, and this wax is the best I've used even with all the commercial waxes, polishes and glazes I've used over the years detailing.
It comes with a pad and then just use a quality microfiber towel to take it off. Or use an orbital to put it on, which is what I use (10" orbital). It saves a lot of time, it's easier to put a nice thin coat on and you get more out of the tub of wax. Only down side is its about $25 from most auto parts stores but I think Walmart might have it cheaper. I know its a little expensive but you'll see why after using it. Unbelievable shine, water beading protection, and your car will feel Super Smooth!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I've never used their Paste Wax before, normally I get their liquid wax. Might have to give this a try.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I have had good luck with their Yellow Wax 26 and some of their other products..

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #4
I've never used their Paste Wax before, normally I get their liquid wax. Might have to give this a try.

I have had good luck with their Yellow Wax 26 and some of their other products..
I've used a lot of there products from carnauba wax, the Gold Class Series of waxes, commercial waxes etc. I like most of there product lines but this wax blows away everything, nothing comes close. My car feels better than when I've used three step waxes. The water just beads off like its not even touching the paint. It's also so easy to take off, normally paste waxes are a pain to take off but not this stuff. Paste waxes are also much more Superior to liquid waxes. This is a synthetic polymer wax. Just make sure you do a nice thin coat, thin is the key.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
How does this work for not allowing the dreaded Halo effect or swirl marks after a while though I have not seen them since I discovered a clay bar..

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #7
How does this work for not allowing the dreaded Halo effect or swirl marks after a while though I have not seen them since I discovered a clay bar..
Absolutely no swirl marks no matter what color car is works great. I just did a black Acura TSX and it looked almost new, it was a 2010.

Perry

Sounds good. I've used their Gold Class Series lately, and been fairly satisfied. But if this is that much superior, without too much more work, I may be sold.

I use their Carnauba Gold, and it has worked great for me. Both on my black MS3 and my PB FiST.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #10
I use their Carnauba Gold, and it has worked great for me. Both on my black MS3 and my PB FiST.
I like that one too it's great, but give this Ultimate Paste Wax and you will be really impressed.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #11
Sounds good. I've used their Gold Class Series lately, and been fairly satisfied. But if this is that much superior, without too much more work, I may be sold.
Yes you will be, I couldn't believe the difference and how much easier it is to take off. No matter what color car its worth all $25 because you'll get so much out of it being a paste and the key with thin coats. I also use the orbital with a microfiber bonnet. I only put it on the orbital twice, once for each side of the car. I also use Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax to get the orbital a little wet and help spread it evenly.

Perry

MO--You have emphasized the "thin layer" a bit. What happens if the layer is a bit too thick? Just a lot more buffing time/effort?

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #13
MO--You have emphasized the "thin layer" a bit. What happens if the layer is a bit too thick? Just a lot more buffing time/effort?
Yes, its just going to be a pain in the butt to get off, but its not the end of the world. It is $25 so that's another reason. The best results come from the cheapest way to put it on, light, thin. Also being a synthetic wax it will take longer to cure if it's laid on thick.

Perry

Well, as soon as the weather here warms a bit I plan on another go-round with the wash/wax/detail cycle. I may give it a go.

While we're on the topic, have you used this? I believe it's just the liquid version of the paste.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #15
Well, as soon as the weather here warms a bit I plan on another go-round with the wash/wax/detail cycle. I may give it a go.

While we're on the topic, have you used this? I believe it's just the liquid version of the paste.

Yes your right it's just the liquid version of the Ultimate Paste Wax. You can get more out of the paste vs the liquid and costing $25 you might as well get your moneys worth. The paste will last longer on your paint making less annual waxes if that's how you do it. I'm sure it's still Excellent, just not as durable.

the duke

All meguaires stuff is pretty good for over the counter. Everything I've used from them works at the very least as advertised.

For wax I'm a big fan of NXT. Not as super deep as something like a true wax, but for a sealant it's very durable. upkeep with some spray wax (the clear one that's made to go over plastics) and you should be good.

Though, I'm a Poorboy's guy at heart.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #17
All meguaires stuff is pretty good for over the counter. Everything I've used from them works at the very least as advertised.

For wax I'm a big fan of NXT. Not as super deep as something like a true wax, but for a sealant it's very durable. upkeep with some spray wax (the clear one that's made to go over plastics) and you should be good.

Though, I'm a Poorboy's guy at heart.
These two are my favorites, I use them on a daily basis in between washing and waxing. They don't effect the trim at all. I even do all the outside windows which gives you Rain-X results. The results will amaze you every time and it's so easy to apply and take off. You'll have a nice smooth paint finish and water beading for months in about 15-30 minutes depending on your experience. All you need is a quality microfiber, the Ultimate Paste Wax comes with a really nice one I've been using.
IMG_20140326_010752.jpg IMG_20140326_010807.jpg

Just bought me this way which cost 30 bucks shipping to australia. Better be good! ha ha