Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Favorite tools for working on your FiST (or other cars)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
With each car or project I wind up acquiring at least a couple of tools specific to that car. Maybe “necessary”, but mostly “quality of life” purchases, like ball-end Allen keys so they’re a little more forgiving in tight quarters (Abarth and fist diverted valves).
83AF93D1-06FE-4C55-B777-6763981D8293.jpeg

I was curious what “special” or “favorite” tools others have acquired or identified, not necessarily FiST specific, that others might have picked up along the way. Below is a pic of my two “necessary” FiST tools. One specifically for releasing those clamps on the PVC hose and symposer (no more struggling or pinching my hands with pliers trying to release them!) and a tiny ratcheting wrench I bought for the FiST kit for tightening intercooler/intake hoses. Neither is necessary, but both make my life easier.

Last edited:
OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
long magnet and flexible grip tool when I drop everything
kidding and serious haha
Lol not even joking, after I had my first batch of arm surgeries and kept dropping everything, I would tie tools to a length of dental floss around my wrist for easy retrieval if I dropped them, and the floss was thin enough to break if needed or burn off if I dropped a piece in the engine bay :)

Milwaukee brushless 3/8’s ratchet. Saves me so much more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

Erick_V

3/8 Milwaukee Impact for when I’m working on heavier things like removing wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc. I’m a small guy so it makes my life way easier. A ratcheting screwdriver is my favorite tools for smaller things. I bought one to fix a rental in the Netherlands (long story) and I brought it home with me. It’s been in my cars mini roadside toolbox ever since
Wobble extensions. You cannot have enough of these things, they make life so much easier.
Used one of those today for the bolts holding the front bumper on, it’s a tight fit in there and it made removing those bolts a breeze

I have a teeny tiny ratchet and bit set along with thumb ratchets for those multiple times that we'll be replacing the blend motor.

Milwaulkee M12 1/4" hex driver... with 1/4" hex to 3/8" square (or 1/4" square) adapter... because why crank it by hand?

Se7eN

a chanel lock tool box I got when I was about 20 as a gift and my dads Lift. That lift has seen many a project, love it.

I would say my 18 inch Torque Wrench. Have wrist problems so more leverage is a real aid and it allows me to insure my lug nuts are properly tightened to the mandated 100 ft.lbs.