Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got my Cp-E exhaust installed last week.

So far, I really like it. Car is stock (other than a MAPerformance intake & this catback) -- the exhaust was packaged great, etc.
I made my life easier by purchasing an exhaust hangar removal tool & renting a pipe cutter from AutoZone.

First off -- the fitment. Overall, it fits great -- the 3" exhaust is a bit close in the chamber, so that's taking some finicking.
The tips are fantastic.

And, finally, the sound -- amazing. I love it. It's basically a completely straight piped system - yet there's almost no drone (even at 75-80mph). There's some noise, yes -- but not drone.
I can hear a ton of crackles & burbles. It sounds really smooth & aggressive, and it's fairly loud. I cannot hear any turbo whistle, sadly. I'm on the stock downpipe.
The burbles and crackles, awesomely, are not audible in the cabin -- the exhaust filters a ton of them out. I can, however, hear them with the windows down from outside of the car.

Here's a video I took this weekend... not the best, but it's a start.
I also love how it sounds on a cold start :)

[video=youtube;7AFxjAgEl_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFxjAgEl_4[/video]

TheStig

Yeah that K tuned turndown with A Vibrant 1793 18" resonator would be sweet. K tuned 170ish and Vibrant 70ish on Amazon. maybe 200 in mandrel bend and welding?
Not sure, I have to call around and see which places are high and low, plus who has the best reputation.

My only issue I see thus far is that the bumper may need to be clearanced to fit the muffler. Ultimate Racing makes a turndown tip exhaust for our car but the tip is longer before it turns downward, leading me to believe this may rub the inside of the bumper.

Brura22

Is the Mountune cbe about the same as the Cobb? I got the Mountune and im definetely looking for something louder.
I like the mbrp sound but im worried about drone.
Will the Cobb cbe with a catless dhm dp be the same as a Mountune cbe with the same dp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DaveG99

Is the Mountune cbe about the same as the Cobb? I got the Mountune and im definetely looking for something louder.
I like the mbrp sound but im worried about drone.
Will the Cobb cbe with a catless dhm dp be the same as a Mountune cbe with the same dp?

I too worried about drone before I got my MBRP catback. Dont worry about drone. I hardly notice any drone. All the sounds it makes are awesome.

Brura22

I too worried about drone before I got my MBRP catback. Dont worry about drone. I hardly notice any drone. All the sounds it makes are awesome.
Even cruising at 80? I assume theres some drone. But is it bad

DaveG99

Even cruising at 80? I assume theres some drone. But is it bad

Cruising at 80 it sounds stock unless you put a load on it like going up a hill. Then you get some noise. But it isn't bad. Even my girlfriend said it sounds great and she never complains about it on the highway. Its definetely not annoying and it doesnt interfere with talking on the phone or anything like that. Its way louder to open your windows while on the highway. I think people exaggerate the whole "drone" thing. I actually wouldn't mind if the exhaust was a bit more loud.

FistSt215

That is dirt cheap but it's the aluminum one . Being in PA possibly moving to IL one day that's a no go in the winter time

Thanks for the reply. That is to much for just a strait pipe kit. Plus now looking into it probably to loud with my catless down pipe.
My car had an MRT exhaust when I bought it used. It's pretty loud with the stock downpipe but not unbearably so. Actually sounds pretty cool with lots of crackles and backfires on shifts sometimes. That said, I'm going back to stock. Currently working on a plan for some sort of v-band connecter where the stock catback I just bought was cut.

I'm thinking I may go a bit more semi- permanent. May have a flange welded on or something. I'll have to see how I like the stock exhaust once I make the switch. If you're interested in the MRT I can let you know in a week or so hopefully.
I might be interested. I'm trying to decide between the MRT or MBRP. Shoot me a PM if you decide you want to let it go.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I like the way the CP-e sounds but it's pricey as hell and u can not hear an turbo sounds, the MBRp sounds the best but idk I keep hearing about drone, our speed limit here is mostly 60mph. Any thoughts between these two? I am looking for a sound that resembles an SRT-4 so to speak