Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Not sure if you were still strictly only interested in single tip or not.
But, CP-e and FSWerks are both dual tips.
I was at first, but then I had a long walk back to my car, staring at the rear...and now I'm not so sure if I want one more than the other.

Thread started a few weeks ago for unboxing, review, and sound clip for the FSWerks Fiesta ST Sport Exhaust
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...nboxing-Review-Sound-Clip-Videos-and-Pictures

With the single exit on the FSWerks muffler, adding a single tip would be very easy.
Thanks for that!

My thoughts right now are this, I originally wanted the Injen- but for the price of it why wouldn't I just spend the extra monies and snag the CP-E. And I like that I would have the choice of tips with the CP-E, and the noise of it...my god that noise... So I really like the CP-E, but is it worth almost double the price of the FSWerks? I do like the FSW, and I've heard nothing but great stuff about it, I just wish I could hear the two together, in person, on a stock everything else FiST.

I'm still new to the canyons here, and conquering my fear of heights with that, so I'm undecided if I want to go noise or performance first with my mods...But I think I could really get behind a good sounding exhaust while I get more accustomed to my car.

AzNightmare

Also remember, FSWerks is 2.5"
Injen and CPe are 3"

lol

Plan your build early so you don't have to re-buy parts. If you plan to upgrade your turbo, probably a 3" exhaust is better.

haste

1000 Post Club
I have some pics of the cp-e single and dual tips. My wife and I prefer the dual.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

AzNightmare

I have some pics of the cp-e single and dual tips. My wife and I prefer the dual.

Single tip CP-e looks terrible from the side... Why's the outter diameter tip so short?? o_O

Imo, dual tip is definitely better. The contour of the bumper is made for dual tip design.

I did this in photoshop for a comparison, I emphasized the contour with a red line.
The dual tips fill in the area a lot better. A single tip leave weird empty spaces. Even if the single tip is a larger diameter, it still won't fill in that space as good.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Single tip CP-e looks terrible from the side... Why's the outter diameter tip so short?? o_O

Imo, dual tip is definitely better. The contour of the bumper is made for dual tip design.

I did this in photoshop for a comparison, I emphasized the contour with a red line.
The dual tips fill in the area a lot better. A single tip leave weird empty spaces. Even if the single tip is a larger diameter, it still won't fill in that space as good.
I agree, and maybe that will even change my mind about wanting a single outlet on the Tomei system.

BUT, whether it be the CP-E Nexus, or the Tomei titanium, the dual tip MUST BE; ~ a 3.5" EACH one, AND a SINGLE WALL, angle cut style, for me to want/like it. ;)

What turns me off about the Nexus system is the straight cut, rolled edge, double walled tips, but the 'stagger' they build in IS cool.

I agree, and maybe that will even change my mind about wanting a single outlet on the Tomei system.

BUT, whether it be the CP-E Nexus, or the Tomei titanium, the dual tip MUST BE; ~ a 3.5" EACH one, AND a SINGLE WALL, angle cut style, for me to want/like it. ;)

What turns me off about the Nexus system is the straight cut, rolled edge, double walled tips, but the 'stagger' they build in IS cool.
I'm curious about why you're so wound up about single wall on the tips? To be honest, other than a pure race setup, those always looked cheap to me.

AzNightmare

Probably just a preference. IMO, I find single wall cheap looking.
Even read since the inside of the pipe takes all the heat, the outside might even get discolored over time in a single wall pipe. But not sure how much truth is there.

AzNightmare

Probably just a preference. IMO, I find single wall cheap and unfinished looking. Inside is raw and not polished...
Even read since the inside of the pipe takes all the heat, the outside might even get discolored over time in a single wall pipe. But not sure how much truth is there.

Your description matches COBB exhaust...
-dual 3.5" tail pipes.
-angle/slash cut
-single wall

But it's a 2.5" pipe.

I absolutely love my cpe kit, it does plenty of burbles too lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Probably just a preference. IMO, I find single wall cheap and unfinished looking. Inside is raw and not polished...

Your description matches COBB exhaust...
-dual 3.5" tail pipes.
-angle/slash cut
-single wall

But it's a 2.5" pipe.

Yes, those in titanium on a 3" Tomei system would be just about perfect.

To me at least the ROUNDED rolled edge tips look 'cheap', since that's the way most of the blingy chrome crap sitting on the shelves at Pep Boys looks.
The inside tapered down double walled tips, like on some of the higher end systems (Corsa, Cobb, Borla, etc.) look OK/good to me.

And yes, you will rarely to never find those types of rounded, rolled outlets on ANY full race or rally car (it's usually just the pipe, and NO actual 'tip' anyway), and yup, THAT is why I like the look (and EFF the whole "because race car" mocking/derisive meme on here!). ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I absolutely love my cpe kit, it does plenty of burbles too lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
If the Tomei system falls through, I most likely will get this one as well, and just change out the dual outlet tip for something I like more.

Maybe even a single, big, Gibson turndown, hot coated black!! LOL [hide]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
When I first got my Cpe I hated it, I came from a muffler delete which had burbles and pops for days. I can't recall who? Haste or somebody, kept saying WAIT til it breaks in. Well let me tell you, this is the Best sounding exhaust I've owned (came from owning g35 coupe, rx8 etc) . It makes all kinds of sounds under over run. With me being across the border and it costing me an arm and a leg, it was worth and has been worth every penny. Can't say enough good things!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
When I first got my Cpe I hated it, I came from a muffler delete which had burbles and pops for days. I can't recall who? Haste or somebody, kept saying WAIT til it breaks in. Well let me tell you, this is the Best sounding exhaust I've owned (came from owning g35 coupe, rx8 etc) . It makes all kinds of sounds under over run. With me being across the border and it costing me an arm and a leg, it was worth and has been worth every penny. Can't say enough good things!
Stock DP or aftermarket?