Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Tracking From Window Sticker to Factory build date to Railcar tracking..

SkullF16

My first post...I figured I wasn't qualified 'til I had my car...
Ordered: 15 Jul 14
VIN: 18 Aug 14
Built: 29 Sep 14
Delivered: 1 Nov 14 Yeah!!![rockon]

2015 Tuxedo Black w/ Molten Orange interior

Got my Vin# about a month ago, was not able to print a window sticker at that time. Checked today and I was able to generate a window sticker. Shows my car as I ordered which is a good thing. Actual build date is not until November 30th, delivery in late December, so I have a way to go yet.

hey guys, i ordered my fiesta ST in tuxedo black back on december 17th 2014, its February 11, when should i expect the car to arrive? i've recieved the VIN number i just cant seem to figure out how to track it

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Have you checked the build date?
At the bottom of the window sticker under the MSRP.

Dave

I ordered mine last year february 25th and receive the car on june 5th. So it took 14 weeks to get it and this delay seems normal. If the plant didn't close on decembre holidays, I think you should get news of your car around February 20th.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Would that mean it's a least on the assembly line yet? And maybe just not finished?
Cars are on the line and finished in minutes.

You should get the window sticker when your car is added to the schedule.

Dave

SPhilli911

I placed the order for mine jan 24 any ideas when I might recieve some info ?
I ordered mine on Jan 4th and still haven't heard anything from my dealer, but you can probably send Meagan a private message, user name FordService (sorry I have no idea how to tag other members) and maybe she can help. I was able to get my VIN from her and an estimated delivery date.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Same question, asked and answered.
I know the waiting is hell.

Once you get a window sticker you will have a build date.
Anything before that is just a guess.

I know, I went through the same process.

Once the car is built, it should be no more than about 3 weeks until you have it.

After the car is built and moved through the yard it will then be loaded onto a railcar.
You may be able to get the railcar number from your dealer.
Then you may be able to track the railcar.

Good Luck.

Dave

Where does this window sticker and vin come from ? Is your dealer suppose to get that for you. I don't mind waiting I don't really want it now anyway in the middle of this crappy winter Id rather have it in spring time just curious

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #436
Once you get a VIN number from your dealer or the Ford Rep here on this forum, they can look stuff up sometimes PM them.. Your window sticker will pop up as viewable a week or two before your car is set to be built once built it may sit in the yard for a while till a train is ready to load and move north. then depending on holidays and weather it may take more than 3 weeks to get as mine was built Aug 29 2013 and I took delivery Oct 12th or so (approx 6 weeks) it took the railway scenic route from Mexico to central Wi. And as stated waiting was the hardest psrt ..

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yes Rod,
But I, like you were mostly waiting for the official release date of Labor Day weekend '13.

Dave

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #438
Yes Rod,
But I, like you were mostly waiting for the official release date of Labor Day weekend '13.

Dave
Well if release date you mean after the dealer had their car on the lot and I test drove it sure . My delay was in part caused by the National holiday and two Hurricanes that swept across Mexico During and after that Sept Holiday. My car did sit on the Ramp at the factory for a week also and I found out after it got to the dealer it was used for random testing at the factory.. that one still grinds my gears... Mine was a order out car and there were shortages of parts at the start of production. But as I tracked it via the railroad it spent a few days moving from yard to yard and a few sitting near Chicago before being unloaded.. Still happy I waited for it but it was not 6-8 weeks more like 9-12 at that time..

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Mine too.
They didn't use it for a test car but they left off the wheel and calipers option.
Mine also sat in El Paso for a week.

The hell they make us go through.

Dave

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #440
Mine too.
They didn't use it for a test car but they left off the wheel and calipers option.
Mine also sat in El Paso for s week.

The hell they make us go through.

Dave
I know right .. lol