Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta St vs 2014 5.0 mustang! Uphill Mtn style

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Me and my brother took a trip to our old stomping grounds in the mountains. This place is far from any cities or towns of any kind. The place is called talimena drive and is just as good as tail of the dragon. Anyway we wanted to see the difference in handling or at least he did lol. We are going uphill which puts me at a power disadvantage. You can see how I slowly creep away. Spirited drive begins where it turns into 2 lanes. Lol someone embed this please.

http://youtu.be/_5KT2rJSLFI

Some pics of the trip!

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have a alot more vids just wanted to gauge interest before posting.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Great vid..looks like your tailend went loose a few times.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Great vid..looks like your tailend went loose a few times.
I pinched my underwear up a few times lol! I will upload more vids. Just takes a bit. If you listen you can hear the exhaust change when the WG opens.

Where was this at?
Hwy 259 in Oklahoma on our way to Talimena Drive. All of this is in Oklahoma strangely. We grew up over here in eastern oklahoma so we know alot of the roads. You can tell we are pretty high up in some of the pics. We are doing another go in a month or two.

FocusMike

Hwy 259 in Oklahoma on our way to Talimena Drive. All of this is in Oklahoma strangely. We grew up over here in eastern oklahoma so we know alot of the roads. You can tell we are pretty high up in some of the pics. We are doing another go in a month or two.
I'll have to check it out the next time I head up that way, very nice drive.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Another vid of the mountains. This one is high up so the corners are more severe. Never mind me and my ************************************************************************************************* in the blue lol! We were seeing some sights. This vid is less quality then first. Not sure why.

http://youtu.be/e-A2XeYWtbk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Nice runs. Get a clear bra and you won't have to worry about blue tape lol.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
True but blue tape is so much cheaper lol
And it has that SCCA flair to it for me :)
not sure if you needed the tape as you were in the lead or did you swap out to get some following vids..
No worries just yanking your chain buddy thanks for the vids looks like a fun road :)

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
And it has that SCCA flair to it for me :)
not sure if you needed the tape as you were in the lead or did you swap out to get some following vids..
No worries just yanking your chain buddy thanks for the vids looks like a fun road :)
I do have some following vids. Im just waiting for them to finish uploading. One is behind the older stang. He was doing really well.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Nice videos op. Looks like it was a lot of fun, though you need to be careful with the crossing into the oncoming lane like that. Even if you are a great driver, the other person that you scare may not react safely. I love doing those mountain passes and it looks like you have a fun area to drive through there....not sure about your comparison with the "Tail of the Dragon". Have you ever driven it cause I own a house not too far from it and that stretch of road and the surrounding roads are pretty wicked...

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Nice videos op. Looks like it was a lot of fun, though you need to be careful with the crossing into the oncoming lane like that. Even if you are a great driver, the other person that you scare may not react safely. I love doing those mountain passes and it looks like you have a fun area to drive through there....not sure about your comparison with the "Tail of the Dragon". Have you ever driven it cause I own a house not too far from it and that stretch of road and the surrounding roads are pretty wicked...
Most places have openings in the tree lines so you can see what's coming around the corner. Those are the corners I shortcut. It's hard to see in the vid. One of those if you drive it a lot then you know it things. Tail of the dragon is great but I consider this road and hwy 7 in Arkansas to be better. They are a lot longer and a lot less traffic.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I does look like you can carry more speed on that road. The TN and NC border is host to a ton of roads, including the tail of the dragon, that have very tight and aggressive corners which you won't carry as much speed but will get dizzy quickly, lol.