Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 Convertible Crashed

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Scary how much damage the cable caused on the Corvette.

The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is yet to go on sale but has already suffered its second crash, this time in its convertible bodystyle. This makes the latest crash, which took place on a wet highway near Jackson, Michigan, the first for the 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible. The previous crash involved the coupe and occurred during N?rburgring testing.

According to onlookers, the 650-horsepower sports car spun while driving down the highway and came into contact with another car. Both cars then proceeded to slide into a wire fence which appears to have sliced its way through the Corvette like a hot knife through butter. Fortunately there were no serious injuries reported.
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2014...onvertible-wrecks-in-the-rain-in-mississippi/

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Looks like the firewall structure worked though. That could have been some final destination sh*t if the cable went another foot or two.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks like the firewall structure worked though. That could have been some final destination sh*t if the cable went another foot or two.
I was thinking the same. Seems like the frame did do it's job otherwise it could have ended badly for the driver.

Two things, just because you can afford a high performance car, does not mean you actually have the skill to drive it skillfully. Second thing, who was the genius that developed these cable and post fencing systems? We have these in Alberta on one of our main divided highways and as bad as they are for cars, completely lethal to motorcyclists.

TheStig

I love people that still talk down the Corvette. The Z06 is a cheap Giant Killer.

Poor car [vommit]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Having had an 02Z06 race car and an 06 highly modded widebody vert, they are amazing cars but really not all that great as a car like all supercars, simply to fast to truly enjoy except on a race track, part of why I will not have a C7. Even a stock FiST is more fun in may ways. I do love the Vettes of course but simply have no need of one.

------------

The convertible does not have the roll over hoop like the picture of the frame showed, one lucky driver there;)

And why my convertible had to go, to fast to be fun on public roads, no proper roll bar made and after 50 hours of design work decided to just sell the car instead of chopping it up and making it ugly to have a roll bar that would actually protect me and I could not close the top.

If it was not for sale yet then crashing a marketing car or factory test car, somebodies arse is in the grass over it, or should be.

TheStig

15-20 years ago, i hated vettes. Now? Nothing is close at $5x grand
Couldnt agree more, C6 corvettes really helped bring that car back into the conversation since it had the looks to go with the performance and held up decently well. The new C7 is just an absolute animal, it has Euro/Italian supercar looks added to its beefy american body and i love it. Plus it goes like stink, and the interior has been turned up to 9 over the C5 and C6.

Now if it was a fully loaded C6 Z06 or spend a bit more to get a new SRT10 Viper, its Viper all day. That car to me is in it own league as far as American Made supercars are concerned.

Two things, just because you can afford a high performance car, does not mean you actually have the skill to drive it skillfully. Second thing, who was the genius that developed these cable and post fencing systems? We have these in Alberta on one of our main divided highways and as bad as they are for cars, completely lethal to motorcyclists.
It was a Manufacturer's plate, it wasn't owned by anyone (other than GM). Generally manufacturer's don't just let anyone drive the more expensive and higher powered cars like that though.

The driver of that Z06 was clearly very, very lucky. Only a couple of years ago someone in a Manufacturer plate Viper (new Viper) was killed when he slid off a wet road into cables like that and they cut straight through the car. I think he was an engineer at Chrysler, very sad to hear about. Why those cable fencing systems are still around here in Michigan is beyond me.