Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Foglamp question

They appeared and felt like they only fit one way. I did try spinning around but that didn’t fit the other way even with some pressure. The way they did connect had positive lock on the connector. I may try again with a reorder Or just go with diode dynamics.
I just picked up these and had the same problem. What I did was pull out the small spacer from the plug so I could flip the fog light connector around. Fog lights came on after that.

I'm still adjusting the height, but am liking them so far.

I just picked up these and had the same problem. What I did was pull out the small spacer from the plug so I could flip the fog light connector around. Fog lights came on after that.

I did not dig that far but I have the lights in my car and was going to ship them off today. I’ll take them home and try your spacer removal and see if I get it working as well. Thanks!

danbfree

3000 Post Club

YES! I forgot that those white things inside the plugs did end up popping out trying to connect them and once removed they plugged in and worked fine! Sorry @1eecom , I totally forgot about that!

YES! I forgot that those white things inside the plugs did end up popping out trying to connect them and once removed they plugged in and worked fine! Sorry @1eecom , I totally forgot about that!
Ok. Success. Not sure what was different. My fog connectors today didn’t have any white plugs in them so when I hooked them up they came right on. Maybe they fell out when I was messing with them this weekend. Anyway, after taking the headlights out 5 times tonight to get them adjusted how I think I want them, I’m calling it good till something else happens. I recommend adjusting with the yellow fogs on (I had actually forgotten they had yellow with all the trial and error I went thru). I thought I had a good low adjustment for white fogs and put it all back together and then I accidentally turned on the yellow which were pointed at the ground in front of the car. So, headlights back off to turn the screws to get the yellow more in line.
If anyone has questions, I think I have it all figured out by now!

4DGC

This has me wanting to buy these as well. I was looking the big A and found these factory Ford fogs. It shows the adjuster on the bottom. I'm now wondering if the LED units were installed with the adjuster pointing down like the factory units, would the pattern be better? Would this eliminate the white glare since it would be pointing at the ground instead of at the trees?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y84LF...f4392e9&ref_=pd_luc_rh_di_pref_03_01_t_img_lh

4DGC

Fyi, here is a poor picture of mine with Cougar Motor X-Small in the low beam and the Lamin-X covers over Nineo LED bulbs in the stock fog housings. I don't get green but the yellow is not as yellow as I would like it to be. They also don't provide too much benefit on the road.

I bought the Nineo based on reviews at bulbfacts but then found they wouldn't fit in the low beams so I put them in the fogs and bought the X-Small for the lows. 20191130_162039.jpg

SrsBsns

This has me wanting to buy these as well. I was looking the big A and found these factory Ford fogs. It shows the adjuster on the bottom. I'm now wondering if the LED units were installed with the adjuster pointing down like the factory units, would the pattern be better? Would this eliminate the white glare since it would be pointing at the ground instead of at the trees?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y84LF...f4392e9&ref_=pd_luc_rh_di_pref_03_01_t_img_lh
I highly recommend them. I have a set on mine.

It might be worth trying to install them that way, with the screw facing the bottom of the car, although they'd be impossible to adjust without removing them. But given that it seems like the polarity is reversed on most of these, it could be entirely possible that the adjustment screw should face the bottom of the car.

I have my adjuster screws pointed towards the hood and I like the light output on mine. They're definitely aimed lower than my low beams.

4DGC

Do the housings just come out from the back under the headlights or do you have to remove the black plastic strakes from the front like on the FOST's? I saw the FOST video and it looked like a PITA but I'm not finding info on the FiST. Maybe I'm blind but all I see is the bulb or removing the rear fog light on euro models. Thanks for any help.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do the housings just come out from the back under the headlights or do you have to remove the black plastic strakes from the front like on the FOST's? I saw the FOST video and it looked like a PITA but I'm not finding info on the FiST. Maybe I'm blind but all I see is the bulb or removing the rear fog light on euro models. Thanks for any help.
The fog light just unscrews from the back. 10× easier if the bumper is off the vehicle!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or you could get some H11 LED bulbs...preferably the Tech max from Amazon! Great choice!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

These were super easy to install. I didn't take the bumper off, just the headlights. They're easy to get to if you do that.

There are two t25 screws and then two posts for alignment. Super easy.

Ok. Success. Not sure what was different. My fog connectors today didn’t have any white plugs in them so when I hooked them up they came right on. Maybe they fell out when I was messing with them this weekend. Anyway, after taking the headlights out 5 times tonight to get them adjusted how I think I want them, I’m calling it good till something else happens. I recommend adjusting with the yellow fogs on (I had actually forgotten they had yellow with all the trial and error I went thru). I thought I had a good low adjustment for white fogs and put it all back together and then I accidentally turned on the yellow which were pointed at the ground in front of the car. So, headlights back off to turn the screws to get the yellow more in line.
If anyone has questions, I think I have it all figured out by now!
I’ve noticed that more often than not the foglights come on with the Yellow light and not the white. Anyone else have these and notice this or have a trick to always come up white?

SrsBsns

I’ve noticed that more often than not the foglights come on with the Yellow light and not the white. Anyone else have these and notice this or have a trick to always come up white?
Idk... Mine are default to white. I have to cycle them to get them to switch to yellow.

SrsBsns

The URL below is a link to the ones I and a few others on this forum have installed. Kind of pricey, but well worth it.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...gns-squadron-sports-driving-fog-lights.18266/
Yeah, those are nice, but they're 3x the price of the Amazon ones. For the price/performance, the Amazon ones are such a good value.

Edit: I posted these in another thread, but figured I'd post them here for anyone that didn't see.

Right side -> Amazon fog light,
Left side -> Stock, pitted OE light
Half White.jpg

White
Fogs White Night.jpg

Yellow
Fogs Yellow Night.jpg

Off

Closer Off.jpg