Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Foglamp question

Well I pulled the trigger on the iJDM from Amazon. I think the trick to trying them with the adjuster pointed down will be to mark my wall before pulling the current lights out. Pull the old ones out and just press the new ones into place over the 2 aligning studs and see where they land. Then remove, adjust screw and replace until I get aligned to the mark on the wall before putting the screws back in. Really looking forward to this early Christmas present to the 4 door go cart.

Well I pulled the trigger on the iJDM from Amazon. I think the trick to trying them with the adjuster pointed down will be to mark my wall before pulling the current lights out. Pull the old ones out and just press the new ones into place over the 2 aligning studs and see where they land. Then remove, adjust screw and replace until I get aligned to the mark on the wall before putting the screws back in. Really looking forward to this early Christmas present to the 4 door go cart.
Also, swap between yellow and white when adjusting so you don’t do what I did and point white where I thought I wanted and then turn on yellow to find they are pointed straight down.
I installed with screws up and am happy with light. Only thing I have to troubleshoot is mine come on yellow first and not white. Vendor said to unplug but rain has delayed my troubleshooting

Thanks, I learned the yellow thing from a previous post of yours. Gotta love forums. I think I will try them both screw up and screw down to see which seems better. All the pictures on Amazon show it screw down but who knows since they don't supply instructions. Looks like it will take a week or so for them to show up. I'll post back here when I have some experience.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited:
Well the iJDMToy LED Fogs came a lot sooner than expected and I installed them today. I can confirm the adjuster should be pointing down, how can I be sure? I fired them up with a 9 volt before installing them in the car. When the adjuster is pointed down there is a nice horizontal cut off line at the top and a round shape of light at the bottom. This applies to the white and the yellow. You can see in the pictures what I mean. All pictures are sitting on the same coffee table in the same place. The only difference is whether the adjuster is pointing up or pointing down.

Here is the nice horizontal line with the adjuster pointed down.
20191213_194310.jpg
Here is with the adjuster pointed up.
20191213_194329.jpg

Here is adjuster pointing down in yellow
20191213_194355.jpg

and the adjuster pointed up in yellow
20191213_194345.jpg

Also, swap between yellow and white when adjusting so you don’t do what I did and point white where I thought I wanted and then turn on yellow to find they are pointed straight down.
I installed with screws up and am happy with light. Only thing I have to troubleshoot is mine come on yellow first and not white. Vendor said to unplug but rain has delayed my troubleshooting
I think I got white to come up now first. Had to unplug and turn off fogs when starting car. Then plug in and then turn on fogs. Just unplugging had yellow still coming on first. I am getting super proficient at pulling headlights and reinstalling them though!

Well the iJDMToy LED Fogs came a lot sooner than expected and I installed them today. I can confirm the adjuster should be pointing down
Just got a set of these - and when you say the "adjuster pointing down", I assume you mean the adjustment screw head should be on top of the housing with the screw body pointing down? It seems obvious, but just wanted to double check - I plan to install these when I find a warm evening. Thanks!

I think I got white to come up now first. Had to unplug and turn off fogs when starting car. Then plug in and then turn on fogs. Just unplugging had yellow still coming on first. I am getting super proficient at pulling headlights and reinstalling them though!
No joy. Still come up yellow. I may flip them next time I’m playing down there. Not that that will fix it but maybe unplugging again will do trick.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This has me wanting to buy these as well. I was looking the big A and found these factory Ford fogs. It shows the adjuster on the bottom. I'm now wondering if the LED units were installed with the adjuster pointing down like the factory units, would the pattern be better? Would this eliminate the white glare since it would be pointing at the ground instead of at the trees?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y84LF...f4392e9&ref_=pd_luc_rh_di_pref_03_01_t_img_lh
Yeah, that's the thing with these iJDMTOY... you either have yellow pointed into the ground, which is supposed to help with actual fog right in front of you, or if you raise them, then the white will go above factory headlight cutoff and you would be blinding people. They already glare a little, but I could prob raise them a touch to match my headlight cutoff at least .. Personally I have no problem with the yellow being pointed into the ground, they add enough in front still for me that it's worth not worrying about if they are on white and blinding people. I notice that I forget my lights went or off in the rain or playing with different settings or something even when I just like to have the yellow on most of the time... but you could flip them and have the white into the ground just to literally fill in right in front of you and yellow with the cutoff at the headlight level, but the colors would clash more too...

Edit: Those pics above convinced me I should probably switch mine around, from screw on top, to adjustment screw on the bottom of the housing to get the proper clean projection cutoff. I looked closer and indeed I have a lot of glare from the rounded light output being up instead of down.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm thinking about picking these up https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EMJW5...olid=3RO5TU2VV9K63&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it and throwing LED H11s in. I currently have the lamin-x covers which are fine, just not completely what I'm after. I really like the look of the yellow on the car, too.
Meh, still same crappy reflector design that will just glare if you put anything decent in as far as bulb brightness.. you're better off just peeling your Lamin-X and getting 2700k LED bulbs for the stock housings and save your money... or don't peel the Lamin-Xat all and just change over to 2700k yellow H11 bulb.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
They should come back on in whatever color they were when you shut the car off... all you have to do is make sure you have them on the color you want when shutting off the car... if power is cut to them only very briefly, that is when they change color. I've never had to unplug, start car and re-plug, or any of that, how weird...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well the iJDMToy LED Fogs came a lot sooner than expected and I installed them today. I can confirm the adjuster should be pointing down, how can I be sure? I fired them up with a 9 volt before installing them in the car. When the adjuster is pointed down there is a nice horizontal cut off line at the top and a round shape of light at the bottom. This applies to the white and the yellow. You can see in the pictures what I mean. All pictures are sitting on the same coffee table in the same place. The only difference is whether the adjuster is pointing up or pointing down.

Here is the nice horizontal line with the adjuster pointed down.

(deleted pics to save space)

Here is with the adjuster pointed up.

Here is adjuster pointing down in yellow

and the adjuster pointed up in yellow
Thanks for confirming! After a lot of thought, I WAS totally concerned that having yellow at the same exact clean cutoff height as my headlights will just clash the 2 colors together... Yes, for actual FOG use, that is what you want for visibility so that's why they are set up that way, but I like to use the yellow for looks when it's not foggy mostly... You could also have them aimed a bit lower so the yellow is at least a little lower than the white headlight cutoff but that means having them cranked all the way so then the white would be going straight into the ground and useless, so not sure what to think... do you have any wall shots since you got them installed so I can see the cutoffs?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Would 35w hid’s melt the fog housings? I’d like to try some 4300k hid’s in there maybe
Why would they when they have a 55W halogen in there stock? :)

Otherwise, 4300k would be ideal, either by themselves or with Lamin-X if one expects the output to actually come out yellow... but the prob is that factory fog lights aren't meant to use with any bright bulb really, they just shoot kind of everywhere. They would be even worse with very short throw by placing an HID bulb with a much longer filament point in there, not even sure they would fit unless you got the short HID's specifically for reflectors from DeAuto, but they were too bright overall even with a clean cutoff from proper filament placement in the headlights, couldn't imagine what a wall of blindness they would be in factory fogs! LOL

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Why would they when they have a 55W halogen in there stock? :)

Otherwise, 4300k would be ideal, either by themselves or with Lamin-X if one expects the output to actually come out yellow... but the prob is that factory fog lights aren't meant to use with any bright bulb really, they just shoot kind of everywhere. They would be even worse with very short throw by placing an HID bulb with a much longer filament point in there, not even sure they would fit unless you got the short HID's specifically for reflectors from DeAuto, but they were too bright overall even with a clean cutoff from proper filament placement in the headlights, couldn't imagine what a wall of blindness they would be in factory fogs! LOL
I get ya - I'm generally averse to swapping headlights beyond maybe going to slightly better quality bulbs in stock housings. I did swap to HID's on a motorcycle with reflector housings but that was intentional to drop the consumed wattage and the extra glare wound up making me harder to "not see" lol. I think the FiST generally has pretty poor headlights. I kinda wanted to go yellow fogs, but laminx or low grade LED's just don't appeal to me. Not a big dealie :) I generally do zero external mods to avoid attention/being identified in public.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I get ya - I'm generally averse to swapping headlights beyond maybe going to slightly better quality bulbs in stock housings. I did swap to HID's on a motorcycle with reflector housings but that was intentional to drop the consumed wattage and the extra glare wound up making me harder to "not see" lol. I think the FiST generally has pretty poor headlights. I kinda wanted to go yellow fogs, but laminx or low grade LED's just don't appeal to me. Not a big dealie :) I generally do zero external mods to avoid attention/being identified in public.
So yeah, that's why I went with those iJDMTOY since there were so reasonable at only $73, and now I know I need to swap their orientation to get the clean projector cutoff I want... my experiments with the stock housings using Lamin-X and a few different H11 bulbs was just not good... And as far as headlights, going to carefully selected LED bulb with a proper chip design to mimic the halogen light point length is totally fine without causing excess glare, after a bunch have been tried, the TechMax Mini are inexpensive but perfect for our housing. I rocked that for a bit, and they totally provide better visibility without glare to bring attention from authorities so I recommend them wholeheartedly in your case... but, then I said, "You know what? I have a modern sporty little car, and I just really want projectors and the LED brow DRL..." so I went with those Depo Euro replicas and 9 months later, they have been perfect!

Last edited: