fogs

Member ID
when i do yellow fogs i always go for a generic 12x12 piece of film off ebay. i find removing the fog, taking a 6x12 piece and a hair dryer than stretching it over the fog and trimming with an xacto is the best way to get a perfect fit and finish. i think the film was like $4 or something silly like that. the problem i have with the pre cut pieces is you have to get it centered perfecty and there isnt anything to grip when you heat it up. heat + stretch for the win

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Member ID
I got the yellow pre cut to fit lens from Lamin-X. It's a dry installation so it shouldn't be too bad. I just don't know if I should take the foglight cover off first or not. Never put the film on to be honest. Just always got yellow fogs. I wanted to see how this went though.

Member ID
I got the yellow pre cut to fit lens from Lamin-X. It's a dry installation so it shouldn't be too bad. I just don't know if I should take the foglight cover off first or not. Never put the film on to be honest. Just always got yellow fogs. I wanted to see how this went though.
I think technically you can put them on without removing the fog light covers, but it's going to be difficult to align them correctly because there isn't much room to work with. I'm having my friend do mine this weekend since everyone has been saying it's difficult to get the covers off.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member ID
I have installed and removed the Lamin-X without removing the covers.
I now just use 2500K bulbs.
They are very yellow.

Dave

Member ID
They are very yellow.

Dave
The Lamin-X covers have tabs on the sides. Do you just cut those off?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member ID
I have always cut my own so no tabs.
If you remove the covers you can leave the tabs on.
If you don't remove the covers then cut them off.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Member ID
Just installed my lamin-x fog light covers in a "light tint"...It was a very quick and easy install and you don't need to remove anything to do so....Feel better now that those glass fog lamp lenses are fairly protected from getting damaged...

http://www.lamin-x.com/Ford-Fiesta-ST-14-Fog-Light-Covers-p/f146.htm

Next I plan on replacing the fog lamps with LEDs...

Member ID
They are very yellow.

Dave

If you don't mind where did you get your bulbs?

Member ID

PIAA 2500k yellow fogs. Really easy to swap out. Was very pleasantly surprised.