Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford fiesta st2 2014 fuel pressure problem?

Hi I'm having a problem with my Ford fiesta st2 2014 at first when I parked up and and the car was idling the rpms started going up and down and the car just shut down ... re started no problem was fine a week later while I was driving it started loosing all power then started juttering and shut down then wouldnt start back up .. but if u left it for a little bit it would start back up but go into limp mode ... but run fine till the engine got hot then shut down again ... if had it plugged in and its saying about fuel presure in fuel presure regulator . And fuel pressure regulator performance... iv changed the fuel pump in the tank iv changed the fuel pump relay moduel and still the same so was wondering if it could be the high fuel pressure pump .. please help?

Could be that or a clogged fuel filter or injectors or evaporate canister. Have you tried Chevron Techron or any fuel injector/system cleaner? If it’s the computer well thats above my pay grade. 😁

Last edited:
OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Hi thankyou for replying .. just picked the car back up from garage and he said he couldnt fix the problem but still charged me near enough 700 pound on parts 🤮 car runs fine for an hour or just under yhen will all of a sudden start juttering then shut down but its asif its fighting with itself iv had the tank out .. new rail sensor ... new hpfp .. new fuel line .. and new tappet .. and new pump inside tank and still the same the error codes are p0089 and p0087 fuel pressure regulator performance and fuel rail pressure low.. ? Please help as I'm now lost and iv tried 4 garages already and still no joy 🤮😤

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
This is a wild guess but was a problem on fiestas in general check the negative terminal of the battery where it connects to the body. In the past there was some people reporting issues that went away once they cleaned the connection bound to remove any corrosion. If you do clean it add a liberal amount of dielectric grease to prevent it from happening again. Also in the same vein check the fuses for said system (pull them out to make sure they are clean and corrosion free). If nothing else you eliminated something.

Good luck.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
Hi thanks for the response checked all fuses and sensors still no joy my only option now is to reset my ECU or re mapp it?

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
Eml has randomly went off but car still acts the same could this be a ECU issue or egr valve pleaseeee heelppppp

Hi I'm having a problem with my Ford fiesta st2 2014 at first when I parked up and and the car was idling the rpms started going up and down and the car just shut down ... re started no problem was fine a week later while I was driving it started loosing all power then started juttering and shut down then wouldnt start back up .. but if u left it for a little bit it would start back up but go into limp mode ... but run fine till the engine got hot then shut down again ... if had it plugged in and its saying about fuel presure in fuel presure regulator . And fuel pressure regulator performance... iv changed the fuel pump in the tank iv changed the fuel pump relay moduel and still the same so was wondering if it could be the high fuel pressure pump .. please help?
i had a similar problem with a works van it shut down and wouldnt start again until it cooled down,and then it would start again,called out the aa he pluged in his thingamejig and it came up the crankshaft position sensor,so try that you never know.good luck.