Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST200 debuts in Geneva

Although I'm not too impressed with this release model, I'm still happy to see that its not just an appearance package....now with that said, it still won't be offered here in the US or Canada.
It seems that this will likely be what we will be seeing as the "Fiesta ST Plus" here in America but with 5doors instead of 3d. On the other hand the "ST Line" could be just an "Appearance Package"...

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Ford Fiesta ST200: Bringing Europeans Up to America’s Level

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-fiesta-st200-bringing-europeans-up-to-americas-level/

"Typically, when a special-edition variant of a performance car sold here is offered to Europeans, it’s more powerful or better in some way, inciting jealousy on this side of the Atlantic. This isn’t such a case. The Ford Fiesta ST200, making its debut at the 2016 Geneva auto show, is more powerful than the standard Euro-market Fiesta ST—but that car isn’t as powerful as our standard-issue Fiesta ST. With the Euro-only ST200, Ford has more or less brought American power to its sportiest Fiesta model for overseas customers.

Measured in metric horsepower, the ST200’s turbocharged 1.6-liter four produces 200 ponies—hence its name—which means it squeezes out the same 197 horsepower as does the U.S.-spec Fiesta ST and 17 more than the standard Euro ST. Ford managed to milk 214 lb-ft of torque from the ST200’s engine, a mighty 37 lb-ft increase over the Euro Fiesta ST and 12 lb-ft beyond the U.S.-market Fiesta ST. (For fun, an overboost function can deliver up to 212 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque for 20 seconds at a time.) We’d never turn down the extra torque, but we’ve found the regular ST perfectly balances its power with its handling limits—it’s simply one of the most well-rounded performance cars available at any price.

If we were to pluck anything from the ST200, it would be the shorter 4.06:1 final-drive Ford fits in place of the stock 3.82:1 gearing, just for a little extra pep off the line.

Other ST200 enhancements include standard red-painted brake calipers, Storm Grey paint, charcoal-colored partial-leather Recaro front seats with special silver stitching, and ST200 badging. Could we see the ST200 in this exact form in the U.S.? That’s unlikely, especially given the Geneva debut car’s three-door body style (which isn’t sold in the U.S.), but there’s little reason Ford couldn’t extract the same oomph from the American-market Fiesta ST’s 1.6-liter four."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-fiesta-st200-bringing-europeans-up-to-americas-level/

If we were to pluck anything from the ST200, it would be the shorter 4.06:1 final-drive Ford fits in place of the stock 3.82:1 gearing, just for a little extra pep off the line.
Ok, yeah, but on stock tires you are already spinning your wheels in first and part of second anyway. I really only see the difference mattering to guys trying to shave a tenth or so off their quarter mile times, and I'd argue that's a pretty small percentage of FiST owners.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Ok, yeah, but on stock tires you are already spinning your wheels in first and part of second anyway. I really only see the difference mattering to guys trying to shave a tenth or so off their quarter mile times, and I'd argue that's a pretty small percentage of FiST owners.
Yup...Agreed....

"Typically, when a special-edition variant of a performance car sold here is offered to Europeans, it’s more powerful or better in some way, inciting jealousy on this side of the Atlantic. This isn’t such a case. The Ford Fiesta ST200, making its debut at the 2016 Geneva auto show, is more powerful than the standard Euro-market Fiesta ST—but that car isn’t as powerful as our standard-issue Fiesta ST. With the Euro-only ST200, Ford has more or less brought American power to its sportiest Fiesta model for overseas customers.

Measured in metric horsepower, the ST200’s turbocharged 1.6-liter four produces 200 ponies—hence its name—which means it squeezes out the same 197 horsepower as does the U.S.-spec Fiesta ST and 17 more than the standard Euro ST. Ford managed to milk 214 lb-ft of torque from the ST200’s engine, a mighty 37 lb-ft increase over the Euro Fiesta ST and 12 lb-ft beyond the U.S.-market Fiesta ST. (For fun, an overboost function can deliver up to 212 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque for 20 seconds at a time.) We’d never turn down the extra torque, but we’ve found the regular ST perfectly balances its power with its handling limits—it’s simply one of the most well-rounded performance cars available at any price.
….]

We have a little misunderstanding in here (I feel both bad and dissapointed with CarAndDriver), the US-Spec Fiesta ST has the exact same engine/tune than his EU-Spec counterpart, is the same 182PS to 200PS on Overboost (180HP to 197HP respectively) and 177lb-ft to 214lb-ft on Overboost, however Europe only shows the "official/real numbers" without considering "Overboost". This engine on here would be advertised as "212HP and 236lb-ft Fiesta ST".

We have a little misunderstanding in here (I feel both bad and dissapointed with CarAndDriver), the US-Spec Fiesta ST has the exact same engine/tune than his EU-Spec counterpart, is the same 182PS to 200PS on Overboost (180HP to 197HP respectively) and 177lb-ft to 214lb-ft on Overboost, however Europe only shows the "official/real numbers" without considering "Overboost". This engine on here would be advertised as "212HP and 236lb-ft Fiesta ST".
My bad, I never quite understood how the overboost worked and added to the confusion when I read that article. I look forward to hearing about the ST +, hopefully soonish.

jayrod1980

The 2 door has nicer interior door panels, and the ST200 has a nice center console. I thought Europeans did not get sync which is why it's not shown here. Definitely looks like the car has LED tail lights. The color and wheels are definitely pretty, though I have to say that Rado grey looks pretty good even dirty. I'll bet the black wheels, even though they turn matte from dust, do a good job covering nicks in the paint. Even babying my car, I already have some nicks in my wheels from driving on these rocky desert roads.

It's ok I guess. I hope Cuautitlan builds the ST+ before sending their production to Thailand.
I wasn't aware that this would still be the case, as there really hasn't been a lot of new information about the move since it was mentioned a couple years ago. Also, I still haven't seen any information about them offering a "more special" version of the Fiesta ST in the US or Canada.

Definitely looks like the car has LED tail lights.
These are now standard on European Fiestas, including the ST, manufactured after October-ish last year. The new unit is a direct swap with the current lights if anyone really wants them at 185 pounds each from Ford UK (personally I think they're a terrible design, and a weak play on the Mustang lights, minus the animation). Only the actual brake lights are LEDs, not the indicators.

Thanks for this info... So the nighttime lights aren't LED, just the actual brake lights?
The housing has three areas: one incandescent turning bulb, one incandescent reverse bulb, and a dual-brightness LED brake and parking light unit (four vertical LED strips in a chrome surround). You can see the housings here.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
The one thing i've been hating with my car since i bought it is the orange insert on the seats. although they look great new, 2.5 years and alot of ass time has my drivers seat looking a different color. and since i do alot of driving in my Mil uniform the green has changed the orange into a orange brown nastyness. all Black Recaros whould rock.

Also like the bigger brakes in the rear, but id settle for rear brakes that worked at all at this point as ive stated before with my rear calipers siezed to death.

jayrod1980

The one thing i've been hating with my car since i bought it is the orange insert on the seats. although they look great new, 2.5 years and alot of ass time has my drivers seat looking a different color. and since i do alot of driving in my Mil uniform the green has changed the orange into a orange brown nastyness. all Black Recaros whould rock.

Also like the bigger brakes in the rear, but id settle for rear brakes that worked at all at this point as ive stated before with my rear calipers siezed to death.
I've resorted to changing into my uniform at work because my nylon ABU belt looks like it's wearing a mark into the side bolsters of the Recaros from getting out of the car.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow those tails are hideous. They look like ebay knock-offs or something. Oh well. The whole package itself is a half ass effort. Basically a tune, a supposed reprogramming of the traction control and gearing. This should have just been called a refresh of the "regular" ST. Not enough plus imo to justify a new trim.