Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST200 debuts in Geneva

The one thing i've been hating with my car since i bought it is the orange insert on the seats. although they look great new, 2.5 years and alot of ass time has my drivers seat looking a different color. and since i do alot of driving in my Mil uniform the green has changed the orange into a orange brown nastyness. all Black Recaros whould rock.

Also like the bigger brakes in the rear, but id settle for rear brakes that worked at all at this point as ive stated before with my rear calipers siezed to death.

The other Recaro's with the white inserts probably wouldn't have fared much better .. I agree, all black seats would be nice.

Wow those tails are hideous. They look like ebay knock-offs or something. Oh well. The whole package itself is a half ass effort. Basically a tune, a supposed reprogramming of the traction control and gearing. This should have just been called a refresh of the "regular" ST. Not enough plus imo to justify a new trim.
I don't think this is any different than other manufacturers are doing currently when they are close to releasing a newer version. I almost thought for sure that we wouldn't see another model year on the current platform; but I don't see any signs that the new Fiesta is ready even for a NYIAS or LA Autoshow reveal. So I think that we will see a 2017 FiST on the current platform that will have a lot of these same features standard, while they continue to work on the new Fiesta.

Waterfan

...I'd rather go with a longer final drive.
My thoughts exactly, or make 6th a true overdrive gear for slightly more comfortable hwy cruising. I'll take the larger rear brakes setup too. Nice (unnecessary) OEM-style upgrade for my DD-only FiST.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
My thoughts exactly, or make 6th a true overdrive gear for slightly more comfortable hwy cruising. I'll take the larger rear brakes setup too. Nice (unnecessary) OEM-style upgrade for my DD-only FiST.
Sixth already is a true overdrive. Dropping the rpm even more puts the engine into a more susceptible area for LSPI.

Waterfan

Sixth already is a true overdrive. Dropping the rpm even more puts the engine into a more susceptible area for LSPI.
My improper use of "true overdrive" aside, I simply find myself wishing for a few hundred rpms lower at hwy cruising speeds (e.g. 2.5k vs. 3k for the same speed).

What is LSPI?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
My improper use of "true overdrive" aside, I simply find myself wishing for a few hundred rpms lower at hwy cruising speeds (e.g. 2.5k vs. 3k for the same speed).

What is LSPI?
Low Speed Pre Ignition, a super-knock phenomenon that is pre-disposed to forced-induction, direct-injection engines. We, as the FiST community, haven't seen it be a huge issue but the FoST owners have lost quite a few engines while on cruise-control, driving on the interstate with mild load changes.

Waterfan

Low Speed Pre Ignition, a super-knock phenomenon that is pre-disposed to forced-induction, direct-injection engines. We, as the FiST community, haven't seen it be a huge issue but the FoST owners have lost quite a few engines while on cruise-control, driving on the interstate with mild load changes.
Ahhhhh. OK thanks.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Imo... They missed out on the feature that would have sold a heck of a lot more "ST200"'s. And would have been back ordered in the parts departments...

Oem wider front fenders. Like... M3 wider. Not super crazy insane difference giant front fenders, just..... Subtle wider front fenders. Then... Put wheels and tires on it that ONLY FIT THOSE FENDERS and won't fit on a normal fist. Choose tires/wheels that take advantage of that lower gear ratio.

Simple little mod they could have done that would keep 98% of fist's from LOOKING like a ST200, and so it would make the ST200 seem much more special vs.... Looking like they are gonna add $3500 for a mountune package, lol.

I would like those gears in my car though, they would match nicely with my big tires.

Who REALLY gives a crap about going 150+ mph in a fiesta ? Even if it can do it...

Imo... They missed out on the feature that would have sold a heck of a lot more "ST200"'s. And would have been back ordered in the parts departments...

Oem wider front fenders. Like... M3 wider. Not super crazy insane difference giant front fenders, just..... Subtle wider front fenders. Then... Put wheels and tires on it that ONLY FIT THOSE FENDERS and won't fit on a normal fist. Choose tires/wheels that take advantage of that lower gear ratio.

Simple little mod they could have done that would keep 98% of fist's from LOOKING like a ST200, and so it would make the ST200 seem much more special vs.... Looking like they are gonna add $3500 for a mountune package, lol.

I would like those gears in my car though, they would match nicely with my big tires.

Who REALLY gives a crap about going 150+ mph in a fiesta ? Even if it can do it...
Not a bad idea. Even if they didn't want to mess with the fenders, they could have put on Pilot Super Sports or something similar in a 205/45/R17 and then with the shorter final drive it would probably get you roughly the same torque as stock but with better traction and a little more forgiving ride. Ford just announced a deal with Michelin and they have them on the FoRS. Seems like a missed opportunity.

As for going 150, that's not really the point. If they would shorten the final drive and make 6th taller so you could cruise at roughly the same RPM, that would be fine with me. But if you're just shortening the final drive, then your highway revs are going to be higher which has implications for MPG, noise, wear, etc.