Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan - Basic Info and Getting Started

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was going to buy a dongle to connect my wifes laptop to my car but the only thing I would use it for would be to change the splash screen and background on sync3. I cant use it to stop my car from doing the annoying as hell dinging when I open the door or start the car or keep the hood open. I cant stand that damn sound.
I think the best thing about it is the disabling of the sound processing. I highly recommend for anyone who literally cares about sound, at all... You still have all the same EQ and fade capabilities, it simply just sounds right with no need to touch the EQ from the default middle settings, sounds really well balanced. I truly think it's mainly there to keep people from blowing their speakers and really messes with having proper sound. And you'd have to be an idiot to do this when you simply don't crank it all the way, just turn it up slowly and find your happy spot and it sounds great!

I think the best thing about it is the disabling of the sound processing. I highly recommend for anyone who literally cares about sound, at all... You still have all the same EQ and fade capabilities, it simply just sounds right with no need to touch the EQ from the default middle settings, sounds really well balanced. I truly think it's mainly there to keep people from blowing their speakers and really messes with having proper sound. And you'd have to be an idiot to do this when you simply don't crank it all the way, just turn it up slowly and find your happy spot and it sounds great!
Ill keep that in mind, so it definitely adds one more thing I would change lol. I still want to disable the damn door beeps though.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ill keep that in mind, so it definitely adds one more thing I would change lol. I still want to disable the damn door beeps though.
I know, but our wiring is far simpler than the F-150's that get to change SO much more so not sure it will ever be figured out... I wish we could even disable the double honk when we close the door with the car running and the keys in our pocket, but nope! :(

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
What setting is this that disables the Sony Sound processing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I keep getting an error message saying i need an extended liscense. But i dowloaded the free trial thing and nothing is working. I really dont know what im doing here and could use a hand. šŸ˜ž

Edit. Giving up on this again. Unless i come across another member with forscan or manage to solve the errors. The system gives me im just gonna have an always broken car.

Last edited:

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I keep getting an error message saying i need an extended liscense. But i dowloaded the free trial thing and nothing is working. I really dont know what im doing here and could use a hand. šŸ˜ž

Edit. Giving up on this again. Unless i come across another member with forscan or manage to solve the errors. The system gives me im just gonna have an always broken car.
Try watching a YouTube video to maybe see what you're doing wrong.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Its within the program itself. The trial key just makes duplicates of the same window when i open it after i download it.

EDIT: apparently they save to a spot other than the forscan folder when i click load liscense key. šŸ¤¦

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Its within the program itself. The trial key just makes duplicates of the same window when i open it after i download it.

EDIT: apparently they save to a spot other than the forscan folder when i click load liscense key. šŸ¤¦
So got it figured out? You just have to load it from the folder you saved it to originally, right?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
From within forscan itself. Not from outside. Outside will literally make a copy of the key.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ill give it a shot tonight when i get home.
Damn, I only remember I just saved the key to my downloads folder and when it asked for it I either copied it as text right in or pointed right at it through the folder browser.. I'm a computer nerd so it was uneventful for me, so hopefully it should be pretty simple overall.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Yeah. After this lets hope i can wake up the gps and get that back. Thats the big one.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah. After this lets hope i can wake up the gps and get that back. Thats the big one.
Well, with the new big Android Auto update, it combines nav and music on the same screen, not sure if you have Android or not and I know you'd probably like to have the factory nav you paid for, but just reminded me...

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I don't have it downloaded lol. But thats cool to know. I hardly stream music from the phone. I still used CDs.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
If I take my car in to the dealer and ask them to change the splash screen to the ST logo, will they do you think?