Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full size spare question

I can understand why the usual donuts that have been equipped in most cars since the 1980s would not be good over certain speeds and in certain conditions. So this raises a question about the spare in the FiST...

With a full size spare, is the "50 MPH" sticker on the wheel just there for liability purposes or it good for normal speeds? Also, is this steel wheel the standard wheel on the lower level Fiestas?

Thanks ahead

I'm not sure with this particular spare in the FIST. But usually when you see a speed cap on the tire, it's because of the compound/ speed rating.The spare is likely a special compound that has an extremely long shelf life (tires do expire) but will not safely and consistently perform above 50mph.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

KKaWing

I didn't see any special markings the few times I took it out. Seems like the standard oe tire they put on base fiestas. I'm leaning towards liability since the spare is a bit larger than stock 17".

I just picked up an aluminum compact one from a 13' fiesta to lessen weight and I'm hoping it will make just enough room to put a 10" subwoofer box I have over it and not interfere with the trunk floor piece. Just stating a good reason and cheap at $95 shipped I paid, plus performance enhancing reason to get a compact.