Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gas Tank Filler Issues

Whenever I try to fill my gas tank (letting the pump shut itself off) the filler will build up pressure and burst out gasoline before shutting itself off. Gasoline dripping down the paint and onto my rear tire. Leaving a little puddle / wet spot.

Does this happen to anyone else? Over the years I have gotten great at guessing when I think it's full and stopping the pump myself.

Its a 2015, I've had it since new. Can't recall when it started happening.

What could it be???

Thanks for any help!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Are you sure it's the car and not the pump (if you always use the same pump)?

Most people would be getting a check engine light if that happened.

OP
Hwy9FiST
Thread Starter #3
No check engine light. But I do have a bunch of modifications. Could have started up when I did a custom tune...

Happens at every pump haha.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
After a little more research, I believe I may have found something to check: The rollover valve. This is what prevents gas from flowing out the vent tube in a rollover accident. If it's sticky, it will cause the problem you are having. Unfortunately I think the only way you can get a new one is by getting a new gas tank.

It can also happen due to a faulty non-return valve (another part on the gas tank) or the check valve (on the filler tube vent).

Last edited: