Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gear noise?

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Do you have any documentation or anything explaining the issue, and the fix? I would love something to show my dealer... Mine has never seen the issue and is afraid to start tearing it down without anything to back it up. My advisor suggested a different dealer but to bring him the paperwork and share with him the issue.
Yes. I've created a PDF of the service order from the dealer. Email me at iso100@gmail.com and I'll send to you.

Were you tuned then? I had it looked at when stock, and now I am tuned...
It started when stock. Got the tune while the noise slowly got worse then uninstalled the AP during the service.

It is so loud with the windows up on the highway it borderline gives me a headache. I put the windows down from time to time to drown out the noise. 70mph on a hill is obnoxious...

Do you have any documentation or anything explaining the issue, and the fix? I would love something to show my dealer... Mine has never seen the issue and is afraid to start tearing it down without anything to back it up. My advisor suggested a different dealer but to bring him the paperwork and share with him the issue.

Chances are itll be Sept. until I can have it looked at again. Ill be out of the country all summer.

Were you tuned then? I had it looked at when stock, and now I am tuned...
Hey boombots,

I'll gladly look into this and see how I can help quiet your ST down. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll get started.

Nick

Hey boombots,

I'll gladly look into this and see how I can help quiet your ST down. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll get started.

Nick
I will be in contact. It's just I'll be out of the country in 2 weeks and won't be back until August so no point in starting this now...

SPhilli911

I'm getting a little nervous. I noticed about a month ago there is a slight whine in 3rd gear that lasts for about a second or two when put into gear, then it goes away when cruising. But these days it seems louder and I can hear a faint whine from 4th and 5th gears. :/

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
My 2nd trans is starting to get the noise again also. I don't see keeping car long with trans issues

Chris G

My transmission is loud as hell. No whine... but lots of clunking and clicking and what not...

SPhilli911

I have the FSWerks short throw, think a dealer would give me a problem if I were to go in about trans issues with that installed?

Chris G

They might. It depends on the dealer. I had some warranty work done (fuel pump died) 3-4 months ago and the dealer didn't say anything about my mods. Mind you, I don't have any power mods or any mods that would make my fuel pump die, but still. I'll probably mention the odd transmission noises to the dealer next time I'm in for service (2-3 weeks from now) and see what they say. I still don't have any mods that would cause my transmission to fail but I wholeheartedly expect them to give me the run around because that's what I am accustomed to.

SPhilli911

I can't imagine a short throw being related to the whine in the transmission, but I've also never dealt with dealers for repairs before. Only other mods I have are purely cosmetic at this point. I suppose I can take the short shift out in the meantime.