Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I had over $2,000 of hail damage to my 2010 Ford Focus last year. They did pay for it. I did have rental car coverage I pay extra for it. This was Geico. I had $3,000 of storm damage on the same car in 2014 insurance paid for it. So maybe you will be okay.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
plan on having the local ford dealer's collision shop repair the car. Im hopeful the framehorn didnt get whacked on the passenger side. The damage looks like its all above the crash bar. The close gap might just be camera angle. Im going to try and get better pics in the daylight today. Im able to borrow a friend's gti for a bit. But im gonna really be anxious till i get word of whats going to happen

borborpa

Premium Account
Hopefully all goes well with the insurance company, I've been fortunate to have great luck with State Farm when I've needed them. Get that orange beauty back on the road soon!

You pick who fixes your car. NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANY.
Progressive is one of the shittiest companies. Stay strong and demand they do what you want.
Progressive will attempt to screw you big time.
you could make them replace the car with the same car if they total your car. I did that with my Evo when a stupid woman blew a stop sign and totalled it.
I told the insurance company find me a car just like mine or give me the high end of the kbb value. The EVOs were hard to find and selling for more than the KbB so they gave me the high end which was more than what I paid for the car in the first place. Higher by 3k so I took that.

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Who fixes the car, OEM vs aftermarket parts etc is all dependent on what is in your contract with the insurance company. That nice long document that nobody bothers to read. You can very much look and act like an ass and demand Ford and Motorcraft parts until your face turns blue, but if your contract states to use the cheapest parts available, that is what you paid for.

Last deer I hit (less damage than Punk's) the insurance company gave me a list of their preferred shops to get the car worked on. (preferred shops have less red tape, less arguing of parts and costs between them.) I chose one that had a stellar reputation and worked with the estimator looking at parts, where they came from and lead time. The guy chose OEM for a few things due to availability and other reasons. I feel he helped me out due to the rapport we built up. He was fully within his rights to choose the cheapest bumpercover, headlights ect. he had available with no recourse on my part due to my contract with the insurance company.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You pick who fixes your car. NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANY.
Progressive is one of the shittiest companies. Stay strong and demand they do what you want.
Progressive will attempt to screw you big time.
you could make them replace the car with the same car if they total your car. I did that with my Evo when a stupid woman blew a stop sign and totalled it.
I told the insurance company find me a car just like mine or give me the high end of the kbb value. The EVOs were hard to find and selling for more than the KbB so they gave me the high end which was more than what I paid for the car in the first place. Higher by 3k so I took that.
Man I have had amazing service with Progressive? What happened to you?

@PunkST I would recommend you push the adjuster to total the car. Depending on your year and mileage, you are likely owed a check in the 14k-15k range. If they offer you something lower make sure you have some comps ready to go on autotrader/cargurus WITH recaro seats to show them that you can't buy a comparable car with the same mileage with the check they are writing. You should walk away from this completely whole less your deductible. Also, Progressive covers $1k in modifications for free. So get your receipts together on aftermarket parts as well.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I had a similar situation with a 94 q45. My wife got backed into and " because infinity " the damage was more than 80% of value. My insurance paid me to keep the car. Drove it till I sold it. They paid me 80% of blue book.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
lol my buddy bought a ducati as a first bike, tipped it in the driveway while washing it 2 days into ownership and because plastics and gas tank it was totalled lol

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Agree with doing your homework on true replacement cost if they total it. Two years ago I totaled a 2004 F150 in a snowstorm. The adjuster came up with a $7000 replacement cost less deductible. I appealed that and he sent me his supposed examples, none of which were actually on a used car lot anywhere. I checked every one of them by calling the dealer on the printout. Then I did the research to find trucks actually the same as mine in the same condition. Sent him 10 examples (many of which were quite far away because there were none in our area) and ended up getting them to go up to $10,500.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I guess, looking on the bright side, you don't need to track down your PCV issue. Or, if they repair it say it smelled like oil afterwards :p

SrsBsns

Wow, I've been following some of your threads and I'm so sorry to hear about this... Such bad luck...

I hope insurance takes care of you and that everything works out.

So sorry...

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
So sorry to hear about your damage to your car. This represents something I'm really scared of, because they're not making these cars anymore and you can't get a new one. I have a little dent in the back from cutting somebody off, but I was really grateful that it wasn't totaled, because it was a large pickup truck that tapped me. Good luck getting it fixed if you can.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Serious bummer hearing about this. I wish I could offer some advice but I have no idea how much of this works. The only thing I can do is wish you the best in the repair/totaling process.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Not sure if you need it just yet but There's someone locally here in Akron selling a molten orange hood for $100 in pristine shape.

Just to echo what others have said, your insurance company may push you to go to a preferred shop, but you DONT have to. I believe most states have laws preventing insurance companies from forcing you to choose a shop of their choice, but you would need to review your policy documents closely.

FWIW I've had progressive for 15 years and I haven't had an issue.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Heres a better pic of some of the damage. Ill update with more as my work allows.
Windshield got cracked on the passenger side feom the crash as well. Frame horn doesnt really even look touched but looks can be deceiving.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Buy a 5.0 and be fast with less effort.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Noooooo... damn sorry to see this! However, am I crazy to say that the damage doesn't look THAT bad? For sure you'll need a headlight, radiator (apparently), fender, hood, and front bumper assembly... hard to say without seeing it in person, but I think if you wanted to repair it you have a good shot. It seems like these cars get totaled out for very little so I'm sure yours will be, but with a donor car this looks straightforward (from the pictures).