Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grinding Noise In Neutral (Ford Denies Problem Exists)

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #21
Any word from the CSM Meagan? From my perspective the sound/noise is getting louder.

Any word from the CSM Meagan? From my perspective the sound/noise is getting louder.
I have not reached out to your CSM yet, as I was waiting to hear back if you would be going to the dealer this week. Please let me know. :)

Meagan

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #23
I am dropping it off at Tommy Vaughn Ford on Shepherd Dr tomorrow around 5PM. I'm worried they'll have it for a week and tell me that they can't fix it either. I have already spoke personally with their service manager so he knows what is going on.
http://tommievaughnford.com/

I am dropping it off at Tommy Vaughn Ford on Shepherd Dr tomorrow around 5PM. I'm worried they'll have it for a week and tell me that they can't fix it either. I have already spoke personally with their service manager so he knows what is going on.
http://tommievaughnford.com/
I've reopened and re-escalated your case and am in the process of emailing your CSM. :)

Meagan

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #26
I just wanted to say thank you again Meagan. I received a phone call from my new Tommy Vaughn dealer CSM. She was very polite over the phone and at this point I'm feeling better about getting my car fixed.

Now I just need Baytown Ford to admit they damaged my rim and tire.

If you want to prove it isn't normal, just find another one on the lot and do a side by side. Or get a member here to record a normal one for you.

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #28
That's a great idea but from what I learned there are 3,500 Fiesta ST cars in North America. So finding one isn't that easy. I personally had to order my car from Ford. I couldn't find one in stock anywhere in black without the Recaro seats.

That's a great idea but from what I learned there are 3,500 Fiesta ST cars in North America. So finding one isn't that easy. I personally had to order my car from Ford. I couldn't find one in stock anywhere in black without the Recaro seats.
as long as its an ST, it should be good enough no?

I just wanted to say thank you again Meagan. I received a phone call from my new Tommy Vaughn dealer CSM. She was very polite over the phone and at this point I'm feeling better about getting my car fixed.

Now I just need Baytown Ford to admit they damaged my rim and tire.
You're welcome! :)

Meagan

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #31
as long as its an ST, it should be good enough no?
Yeah but they are few and far between. The FiST and FoST use different transmissions so they couldn't use it as a comparison.

I got a phone call from Tommy Vaughn earlier that they believe it's the throw out bearing and should have the car ready Tuesday.

Meagan I have another question. What do I need to do to resolve the rim and tire? Get the GM of Baytown Ford involved?

Sorry I meant it doesn't matter if the FiST has the normal seats or not :p

Glad they'll fix the car tho

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yeah but they are few and far between. The FiST and FoST use different transmissions so they couldn't use it as a comparison.

I got a phone call from Tommy Vaughn earlier that they believe it's the throw out bearing and should have the car ready Tuesday.

Meagan I have another question. What do I need to do to resolve the rim and tire? Get the GM of Baytown Ford involved?
I said it was a throwout bearing! Lol

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #34
I said it was a throwout bearing! Lol
At this point you called it. I'll let you know what TV Ford had to replace.

*EDIT*
Well it sounds like it isn't the throw out bearing. The Ford CSM called and told me that they are going to have to pull the transmission out to find the problem. Will add more details as I get them.

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #35
Small but annoying update:
Found out that the throw out bearing is indeed bad along with the flywheel. The flywheel is on back-order until Oct. 15th. I just picked up my Chevrolet Spark, woohoo (sorry, you can convey sarcasm that easily in writing).

If you don't drive your car for a month because it's in the shop at a dealership should you have to make that payment?

me32

1000 Post Club
Small but annoying update:
Found out that the throw out bearing is indeed bad along with the flywheel. The flywheel is on back-order until Oct. 15th. I just picked up my Chevrolet Spark, woohoo (sorry, you can convey sarcasm that easily in writing).

If you don't drive your car for a month because it's in the shop at a dealership should you have to make that payment?
Call you lien holder an let them know what's going. You maybe be able to skip a payment or 2.

The lien holder most likely isn't going to care about warranty issues. They lent money and expect to be paid in accordance with the borrowing agreement. It's like saying that if the car were to get totaled you wouldn't have to pay the loan back.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
At this point you called it. I'll let you know what TV Ford had to replace.

*EDIT*
Well it sounds like it isn't the throw out bearing. The Ford CSM called and told me that they are going to have to pull the transmission out to find the problem. Will add more details as I get them.
You ride the clutch much?

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #39
The lien holder most likely isn't going to care about warranty issues. They lent money and expect to be paid in accordance with the borrowing agreement. It's like saying that if the car were to get totaled you wouldn't have to pay the loan back.
Good point.
You ride the clutch much?
Nope. I have the water jetted dead pedal from here and I use it. The car I traded in for this was 10 years old with 120,000 miles and the original clutch. Car before that had 70,000 miles on a Centerforce clutch and I drove that car hard every time I got it in.

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #40
Car was picked up Friday (9-19) and so far so good. See the attached receipt for more details.

IMG_20140920_0001.jpg