Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

High temp brake fluid recommendations

race85

I have long used Motul RBF600, which by the way is the same one as Millers Oils Racing Brake Fluid with dry boiling point at 313°C.. also, it is not that critical to replace it too often, I had it in my track driven 350Z with red-hot brakes running Ferodo DS1.11 to their limit, even after more than 1 year without replacing the fluid. With no issues.

Also RBF600 is a better value for money than a few centigrade better RBF660.

Never any issue on the street with any fluid for me. Towards the end of 20min track sessions in a BRZ I would get a slightly softer pedal with Motul RBF600. Went away after switching to Prospeed RS683.

Endless rf650 is the best fluid for a street and track car. It actually leads to better brake feel, can be used all year without changing etc. I have used it on multiple cars including my Fiesta st and it has outperformed srf, rbf, etc

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

TemecFist

Endless rf650 is the best fluid for a street and track car. It actually leads to better brake feel, can be used all year without changing etc. I have used it on multiple cars including my Fiesta st and it has outperformed srf, rbf, etc

This!!! I tried to tell them. Lol

RBF600 is plenty, if you're boiling that on the streets you need to address ducting or pad choice. Just remember that if you go to fluids like this you need to change them more often. maybe like once a year.

Endless rf650 is the best fluid for a street and track car. It actually leads to better brake feel, can be used all year without changing etc. I have used it on multiple cars including my Fiesta st and it has outperformed srf, rbf, etk
I can see how you could get better feel by changing fluid that is old or burnt, but I don't see how any brand fluid could make a difference over another. It's just hydraulic compression. Until the fluid has been used beyond it's life how could could it?

I can see how you could get better feel by changing fluid that is old or burnt, but I don't see how any brand fluid could make a difference over another. It's just hydraulic compression. Until the fluid has been used beyond it's life how could could it?
It claims to have lower compressibility than the other brands. I have used them all and only the Endless fluid remains consistently a firm pedal under braking when temps are high, especially after having the fluid in the car for a long time. I'm guessing that how it deals with water is superior.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^But yet it has a much lower WET boiling point than SRF. [???:)]

Maybe it somehow absorbs said moisture at a slower rate than other premium racing fluids? [dunno]

the duke

Never any issue on the street with any fluid for me. Towards the end of 20min track sessions in a BRZ I would get a slightly softer pedal with Motul RBF600. Went away after switching to Prospeed RS683.
I too have experienced such things with RBF600/660, though I suspect my dead pads/worn contributed to that. Not fun barreling into Turn 12 and seeing "LOW BRAKE FLUID" clashing on the Nav screen.

Most any track-focused fluid would be fine for these cars with most amateurs experience. Also, due to the stability control, you'll save a lot of wear turning everything off freeing up the brakes to just focus on slowing down and minor torque vectoring. There is really no reason to do this on the street however.

Attachments

^^^But yet it has a much lower WET boiling point than SRF. [???:)]

Maybe it somehow absorbs said moisture at a slower rate than other premium racing fluids? [dunno]
Which is why you have to understand the numbers as you have alluded to. When they are full of water the boiling point may be lower bit that takes longer to happen so it is operating closer to its dry boiling point for longer. The Endless seems to be far less hygroscopic than other fluids which leads to a firmer pedal all the time, and when you add lower compressibility you get both benefits.

Which is why you have to understand the numbers as you have alluded to. When they are full of water the boiling point may be lower bit that takes longer to happen so it is operating closer to its dry boiling point for longer. The Endless seems to be far less hygroscopic than other fluids which leads to a firmer pedal all the time, and when you add lower compressibility you get both benefits.
Assuming this is true, it's going to take time to absorb noticeable water that impacts pedal feel. like months.

the duke

If you’re using these types of high performance fluid as intended you shouldn’t have it in your system long enough for water to be of a major concern. Diligence and flushing of your brakes is imperative if you’re needing to run this type of fluid. Not to mention the added inspection of the caliper, rotor, pads, boots, etc.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you’re using these types of high performance fluid as intended you shouldn’t have it in your system long enough for water to be of a major concern. Diligence and flushing of your brakes is imperative if you’re needing to run this type of fluid. Not to mention the added inspection of the caliper, rotor, pads, boots, etc.
That's why I wish that Ate made their Typ 200 in a LV formulation, but with the same slow moisture absorption, low hygroscopicity, and wet/dry boiling points of their regular DOT4. [wink]
(Most seem to say that their DOT4 Typ 200 is fully good for a MINIMUM of two years of solely street use. [dunno])

On the street you will never notice.
When you are racing you have to look at all of your cost for consumables and when you can get more hours out of an oil, a brake pad, tores, or some brake fluid it certainly makes a difference over the course of a season, sometimes those difference add up to missing an event due to funds. We definitely have noticed a difference with Endless pads and fluids, and so have every driver that has switched (or switched back and forth). They simply last longer in the same conditions. I can't say why, I can just offer my experience with them.