Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Highest Stock Turbo Dyno Results?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
sorry sometimes the levity on the internet does not come across unless someone puts a lol or smile wink etc.. perhaps I overreacted.
That's the main reason I use so many of them, despite them being so annoying to many, even as annoying as, or even more so, than incessant gifs. [wink]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's the main reason I use so many of them, despite them being so annoying to many, even as annoying as, or even more so, than incessant gifs. [wink]
Gifs are always way....way better.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I personally kind of like the gifs, was just saying how some do not. [wink] [thumb]
The only way to go through life is with a sense of humor about everything even in death there is humor! Good example.....I was in Hawaii on My make a wish in December of 1995. We went to Fishermans Wharf to eat and I was NOT eating due to Receiving IV chemo that day. I was chilling in my Wheelchair because I couldn't walk at the end of the table...everyone else was eating and I ask the waitress if I could have a glass of milk...one turned into three...then four glasses of milk consecutively. My Dad turns to my Mom and says "Pat I don't think he should be drinking that much milk...he will throw it up". My mom said.... Well he hasn't really eaten all day and just had tube food Intravenously let it go. Everyone is just munching away....I'm just sitting there and its starting to make me nauseous.....Then I proceeded to Vomit all the milk onto the table and the Waitress fainted and fell on the floor. The restaurant manager came over to help and almost lost his lunch with the amount of curdled milk on the table from me. My dad was laughing so hard and said well at least Aaron didn't get the Captains feast that would've been a waste of food!

Last edited:

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Also like 'usual' on this forum, there is tendency as well for those who have the 'requisite' needed brands/grades (i.e.; 93 vs. 91, ethanol around the corner vs. no ethanol, the 'wrong' brands at their disposal, etc.) of fuels readily available to them to tell others, too effing bad you don't have the same, so you are just s.o.l., way upriver with no paddles. [wink]

So, I guess I should just forgo forever either a tune, or any bigger turbo than stock, and sell the AP because I don't have a 'tuner approved' fuel brand available to me?
The ECU is able to compensate for a little octane variation. Life's to short for a stock tune.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Life's to short for a stock tune.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk
Correct.
I was just trying to wait out the factory power train warranty before doing the CP-E IC and any tune, let alone a snail upgrade.

Also, the negative claims were NOT against Shell misrepresenting their actual octane numbers, but just how the additives they put in their fuel disallows these tuners from maximizing their tunes because of how it interferes with the combustion process due to the higher pressure in the combustion chambers (or at least that's the way I understood this claim, but I could be wrong, since NO ONE actually explains this, and we are required to take it on 'faith' [???:)] ).

But since I am not on a personal smart phone number having, first name basis with the top tuners for these cars, as some on here seem to be, can anyone please tell me if all of the other well known, somewhat readily available name brand 93 E10 fuels (besides the 'sacred' 76, which does not exist here) are also considered 'shit' for either the factory tune or aftermarket tuned cars.

In other words, are; Exxon, BP, Mobil (IF you can find one), Gulf, Sunoco (besides the 'false octane' claims some levy against them), Marathon, etc. also to be avoided like COVID 19 for our power train/ECM? [dunno]

Or is it singularly, and particularly Shell, and it's V-Power nitrogen/whatever additives which are verboten, and detrimental, according to these tuners?

It is truly amazing that with all of the thousands of pages on the topic of tuning/tuners on this site, this is the very FIRST I am ever hearing about these 'negatives' of Shell V-Power, and have been using it for the last 5 years of ownership, and being on this site.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Correct.
I was just trying to wait out the factory power train warranty before doing the CP-E IC and any tune.
Also, the negative claims were NOT against Shell misrepresenting their actual octane numbers, but just how the additives they put in their fuel disallows these tuners from maximizing their tunes because of how it interferes with the combustion process due to the higher pressure in the combustion chambers (or at least that's the way I understood this claim, but I could be wrong, since NO ONE actually explains this [???:)] ).

But since I am not on a personal smart phone number having, first name basis with the top tuners for these cars, as some on here seem to be, can anyone please tell me if all of the other well known, somewhat readily available name brand 93 E10 fuels (besides the 'sacred' 76, which does not exist here) are also considered 'shit' for either the factory tune or aftermarket tuned cars.

In other words, are; Exxon, BP, Mobil (IF you can find one), Gulf, Sunoco (besides the 'false octane' claims some levy against them), Marathon, etc. also to be avoided like COVID 19 for our power train/ECM? [dunno]

Or is it singularly, and particularly Shell, and it's V-Power nitrogen/whatever additives which are verboten, and detrimental according to these tuners?

It is truly amazing that with all of the thousands of pages on the topic of tuning/tuners on this site, this is the very FIRST I am ever hearing about these 'negatives' of Shell V-Power, and have been using it for the last 5 years of ownership, and being on this site.
But I wonder why Ferrari uses shell specifically and doesn't run into issues racing.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Correct.
I was just trying to wait out the factory power train warranty before doing the CP-E IC and any tune.

Or is it singularly, and particularly Shell, and it's V-Power nitrogen/whatever additives which are verboten, and detrimental according to these tuners?

It is truly amazing that with all of the many hundreds of pages on the topic of tuning/tuners on this site, this is the very FIRST I am ever hearing about these 'negatives' of Shell V-Power, and have been using it for the last 5 years of ownership.
I think your are extrapolating stuff out statements aka taking some things out of context. I.E. exaggerating :LOL: I think on stock tunes anything goes . When it comes to aftermarket tunes on stock snails it depends on how one is pushing it tune wise.
One specific tuner warned me off everything but Chevron and 76 they also claimed a Subie they had tuned bought Costco gas and blew his engine. To please them I followed their wishes but this was after others had already advised against Shell as well. Of which Adam was one.
I do think its Shell in particular not so much others because truth be told most all gas comes from a few different brand refineries and I do not know about out where you are but here its held to a certain standard the state requires so its all the same . Then like has already been said the brands add their own additives and this is where Shell seems to be a lot different than others.
So Costco gas not having Shell additives is most likely fine. In fact I have a tank of it in my car right now and I have not noted anything negative. It actually has 10% ethanol which means it is less likely to have knock as well.
I think the Subie blew up because a bad tune combined with a driver that was getting on it.:ROFLMAO:

But I wonder why Ferrari uses shell specifically and doesn't run into issues racing.

A : Most Ferraris are NA not boosted. B: Ya F1 is not running Shell like our pump gas or in fact any real race gas is like our pump gas:ROFLMAO:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think your are extrapolating stuff out statements aka taking some things out of context. I.E. exaggerating :LOL: I think on stock tunes anything goes . When it comes to aftermarket tunes on stock snails it depends on how one is pushing it tune wise.
One specific tuner warned me off everything but Chevron and 76 they also claimed a Subie they had tuned bought Costco gas and blew his engine. To please them I followed their wishes but this was after others had already advised against Shell as well. Of which Adam was one.
I do think its Shell in particular not so much others because truth be told most all gas comes from a few different brand refineries and I do not know about out where you are but here its held to a certain standard the state requires so its all the same . Then like has already been said the brands add their own additives and this is where Shell seems to be a lot different than others.
So Costco gas not having Shell additives is most likely fine. In fact I have a tank of it in my car right now and I have not noted anything negative. It actually has 10% ethanol which means it is less likely to have knock as well.
I think the Subie blew up because a bad tune combined with a driver that was getting on it.:ROFLMAO:
I know all about the base fuel coming from one 'farm', and the individual fuel companies' additives being added directly into the tanker trailer after filling them with the generic 'base' fuel.

This still does not explain the WHY about the 'horror' of Shell's additives in any even laymen's, non-triple doctorate chemist's, non-combustion engineer's way, whatsoever.

It's great to trust a "tuning god's" knowledge on pure faith because they've already forgotten more about tuning than any of us mere mortals could ever know in 100 lifetimes, but an actual explanation would be nice. [wink]

So, ANY other reputable fuel, given that their octane ratings can be trusted at all, are fine (for a factory turbo, and/or a mild tune), since they don't use the 'demon additives' that Royal Dutch uses??

A : Most Ferraris are NA not boosted.
Mostly true, but there are some which are twin turbo boosted, and come right from the factory with some fairly 'edgy' tunes given the power numbers they make, albeit they also have many times more powerful ECMs and 'smarter' controls than our rides in order to deal with the 'devil's brew' additive V-Power (which yes, is higher octane in Europe).

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know all about the base fuel coming from one 'farm', and the individual fuel companies' additives being added directly into the tanker trailer after filling them with the generic 'base' fuel.

This still does not explain the WHY about the 'horror' of Shell's additives in any even laymen's, non-chemist's, non-combustion engineer's way, whatsoever.

It's great to trust a "tuning god's" knowledge on pure faith because they've already forgotten more about tuning than any of us mere mortals could ever know in 100 lifetimes, but an actual explanation would be nice. [wink]

So, ANY other reputable fuel, given that their octane ratings can be trusted at all, are fine (for a factory turbo, and/or a mild tune), since they don't use the 'demon additives' that Royal Dutch uses??

Mostly true, but there are some which are twin turbo boosted, and come right from the factory with some fairly 'edgy' tunes given the power numbers they make, albeit they also have many times more powerful ECMs and 'smarter' controls than our rides.
Like this...

Dpro

6000 Post Club

This still does not explain the WHY about the 'horror' of Shell's additives in any even laymen's, non-chemist's, non-combustion engineer's way, whatsoever.

Mostly true, but there are some which are twin turbo boosted, and come right from the factory with some fairly 'edgy' tunes given the power numbers they make, albeit they also have many times more powerful ECMs and 'smarter' controls than our rides.
Weren’t you gonna contact the tuners and ask? Shell USA is not Shell Europe either lol.

Plus Ferrari of old recommended Shell Gas back in the day I am not even sure that endorsement is still true these days.
Oh and yes truth be told stock ECU’s do correct for a lot of things including low octane. Though tuners tend to do things the factory did not do.
I remember when I told my Fleet Manager about how much extra TQ and HP Ford left on the table playing it safe with the factory tune. He was amazed. Fact is they did that so ya you could stick practically anything in the tank gas wise and get by reliably but tuners take a different approach they go to the bleeding edge.

As far as Ferrari’s and Turbo chargers go Ferrari for the most part has only used Turbochargers in racing.
There are two times they have had a retail turbocharged car first was the GTB Turbo. Which was basically a 308 GTB that had the homologated F1 2 liter V8 putting out 127Hp per liter aka 252 HP. It was limited production I might add and now the 488GTB 01. Which is pushing 661 HP vs the 562 HP NA 458 Italia.
That is a Supercar limited production and costs more than pretty much anyone on this forum can afford lol.
Yet again like I said before factory tuned is different from aftermarket tuned. Oh and I am sure if someone with money bought a 488 they could probably tune it and get even more HP out of it like any factory tuned turbo car. Factory tuned turbo cars are never tuned to the bleeding like you seem to believe because believe or not they are tuned so the customer can reliably drive them. Reliability being a sliding scale of course depending on manufacturer:ROFLMAO:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You're definitely wrong about Ferrari and turbos. Ferrari has made a few turbocharged cars in its history including the F40.

They don't have the best fit and finish their paint sucks the interior falls apart, they are not that reliable and they require a lot of maintenances. If I had the money and a lot of excess money I would have a Ferrari.

https://drivetribe.com/p/the-histor...lROORAeOPMA_lPQ-ig?iid=GcXEEakiTDSoBCYjSCZgCA

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You're definitely wrong about Ferrari and turbos. Ferrari has made a few turbocharged cars in its history including the F40.

They don't have the best fit and finish their paint sucks the interior falls apart, they are not that reliable and they require a lot of maintenances. If I had the money and a lot of excess money I would have a Ferrari.

https://drivetribe.com/p/the-histor...lROORAeOPMA_lPQ-ig?iid=GcXEEakiTDSoBCYjSCZgCA

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Ah ya I made a mistake with the F40 it was the only other one besides the ones I cited the rest were all race cars. I am not wrong about that.

I admit I missed that one but that was a very limited production super car and very expensive in its day. I pointed out the other two.

Its by far not an example the way M Sport wants to cherry pick and make it examples. For the most part Ferrari has made mainly NA cars for street use besides those three and all of those three were top of the line Ferraris at the time they were produced.