Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Highest Stock Turbo Dyno Results?

TemecFist

Honestly 76 and Chevron are considered the best but Costco is fine. Shell is the only one that is particularly warned against by a fair amount of tuners. It been posted in other platforms as well. This is not just some random thing. Its been being talked about by tuners for several years now. It might be the whole Nitrogen thing . I do think it has more to do with upgraded turbo’s than stock.

I do not have the absolute specifics, but like usual on this forum there is a tendacy by some to doubt everything and shoot the messenger.
Hahahahaha.........I know that all too well.
I'll just keep using the Chevron.
Thanks brother

TemecFist

I'm going to be honest for a minute.

I believe one of the problems that we have on this site is location. Some of us have access to 93 some only 91. Some have handfuls of different gas station brands to choose from, some only have a few. Some have ethanol some do not.

It's just not possible for the recommendations to be the same whether it's fuel or tires, because we all live in different climates and have access to different things.

We are individuals and we have to make our own decisions.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I was asking in more of a hierarchy POV with the big companies. Such as is Chevron vs Shell vs Exxon vs 76. Even back in the day, I heard 76 was pretty good gas.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I was asking in more of a hierarchy POV with the big companies. Such as is Chevron vs Shell vs Exxon vs 76. Even back in the day, I heard 76 was pretty good gas.
I don't have 76 in my area, Chevron is very rare. Exxon is probably the most popular in my area.

Honestly 76 and Chevron are considered the best but Costco is fine. Shell is the only one that is particularly warned against by a fair amount of tuners. It been posted in other platforms as well. This is not just some random thing. Its been being talked about by tuners for several years now. It might be the whole Nitrogen thing . I do think it has more to do with upgraded turbo’s than stock.

I do not have the absolute specifics, but like usual on this forum there is a tendacy by some to doubt everything and shoot the messenger.
Its a question, not a shot at the messenger but if your willing to claim it maybe be willing to provide your information without throwing unnamed shade? Simple question my man. Go ahead and shoot me if i doubt something before hearing and reading about the facts..not an argument just wondering where ya figure your information. Never heard of Shell being an issue with our fiestas but I appreciate you “naming a few” lol. I dont know maybe dont claim things without specifics? I pity anyone who believes everything they hear, especially on a forum, without solid evidence. Is there evidence? According to you, sounds like it. So ill do my own research and come up with my own opinion, maybe ask Jason what he thinks of shell in my s280.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Its a question, not a shot at the messenger but if your willing to claim it maybe be willing to provide your information without throwing unnamed shade? Simple question my man. Go ahead and shoot me if i doubt something before hearing and reading about the facts..not an argument just wondering where ya figure your information. Never heard of Shell being an issue with our fiestas but I appreciate you “naming a few” lol. I dont know maybe dont claim things without specifics? I pity anyone who believes everything they hear, especially on a forum, without solid evidence. Is there evidence? According to you, sounds like it. So ill do my own research and come up with my own opinion, maybe ask Jason what he thinks of shell in my s280.
Now I really want to call both Jason@Dizzy, and Mitch Levy tomorrow and ask this very specific question AND the logical, actual physics/chemistry based rationales for their answers. [wink]

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anecdotal evidence: I was using Shell, but I'm getting a custom tune right now, and I was told the OAR was off, so it might be bad gas. Switched to Mobil, and it's fine.
One reason I was using Shell was because the gas station was never real busy, so maybe it was just old winter blend gas at the pump.
The Mobil station is always busy, so they sell more gas, meaning they put fresh gas in the tanks more often. That in itself is probably a factor.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm going to be honest for a minute.

I believe one of the problems that we have on this site is location. Some of us have access to 93 some only 91. Some have handfuls of different gas station brands to choose from, some only have a few. Some have ethanol some do not.

It's just not possible for the recommendations to be the same whether it's fuel or tires, because we all live in different climates and have access to different things.

We are individuals and we have to make our own decisions.

I don’t disagree with this. All I did was state that a fair amount of Tuners do not recommend and some of which will refuse to Tune your setup if you respond yes I am using Shell gasoline. I will also add that after I had first hand experience with certain said tuners saying this I looked it up on the web and sure enough there was info about not running Shell gas due their pick of certain additives.

FWIW I am only stating this per Tuners saying what they said and people posting on the net about it. I will add that I respect Adam at Tuneplus as the man is a master tuner. If he says do not run Shell I am not going to run Shell. I do not pretend to know what that man knows about tuning our cars and I can bet its more than almost all the people on this forum.

Now I really want to call both Jason@Dizzy, and Mitch Levy tomorrow and ask this very specific question AND the logical, actual physics/chemistry based rationales for their answers. [wink]
Please include me in your reply because like i said before i would appreciate the facts and am more than willing to believe them and put my money where my mouth is, or the gas in the tank for that matter. Im into that sorta stuff wether it be octanes or used oil analysis’. Looking forward to what they say!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You better talk to Adam at Tuneplus and Randy Robles and give Antspec a call. If your gonna be scientific about it.

ronmcdon

in socal, is arco and united oil not advised? I just use them because they're typically most afforable. I don't like spending money.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have not seen an Arco station in the northeast in at least 35 years, and almost that long since I've seen a Chevron anywhere in my travels.

Didn't even know they were still in business with that name.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

yes they're really popular in socal. Costco is often a good deal using my Gas Buddy app, but I don't live anywhere near a costco so too much of a hassle and too cheap to get a membership.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
in socal, is arco and united oil not advised? I just use them because they're typically most afforable. I don't like spending money.
Only place that I know of that openly spoke against was Antspec and they spoke against everything except Chevron and 76 out of the locally available gas in SoCal. Its interesting as they were COBB SoCal and the place were a certain Youtube personality got his FiST tuned. All I can say is like I said before I only brought the message the naysayers and smart asses came out of the wood work on this. It’s funny because it was the same type of response that drove away several knowledgable old timers because rather than listening to what they had to say from their experience newcomers just called them out with no proof other than questioning.
A

And Bill Nye the Science guy for a 3rd party non-biased opinion
and you just could not resist saying this, I would call it a cheap shot and usually done when one does not even have the info to back up what he was questioning in the first place. I put up info what have you done except question and be a wise ass.

Only

and you just could not resist saying this, I would call it a cheap shot and usually done when one does not even have the info to back up what he was questioning in the first place. I put up info what have you done except question and be a wise ass.
Man you get bugged easily!! It was intended to bring some levity to a conversation haha chill out dude! -_-