Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hot hatch with a cold rear

I don't know what else to call it. I can't get the rear hatch to lock with the 4 doors. Anyone else faced this glitch?

I'm pretty sure the trunk has a proximity sensor for the key fob and will always open if you're nearby with the key regardless of the car being locked or not.

I don't know what else to call it. I can't get the rear hatch to lock with the 4 doors. Anyone else faced this glitch?
If you lock the car and then walk up to the hatch with the fob on your person, it will unlock when you pull on it. Try putting the fob "a mile away" after you've locked the car and then go back and see if it opens.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Ok. There is a proximity switch on the rear hatch. The dealer said my car is normal. My question is "why"? Why do the four passenger doors remain locked while the rear hatch is unlocked when you have the fob on your person in the car? Does not make sense to me.

Well, I'll be damned.

I made an appointment to get this addressed (along with a 10,000 mile service). I guess I'll tell them "nevermind"!

Deli

This is normal. My Miata before this had AKE and it was the exact same. I'd actually be upset if I had to unlock the car before hitting the hatch button since most of the time when I'm throwing stuff in the hatch, my hands are full.

For instance you walk up & open the hatch (car is locked and no remote buttons pressed), put your groceries in the back, shut the hatch, put the cart away in the next parking lot over while the car is still locked, walk up to the car, unlock, get in.