Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to Configure V-Dyno for Fiesta ST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
But is it for Crank or Wheel?
Take it all with a Grain of salt* that number can change based on Altitude...Temperature levels Etc. Notice it doesn't say WHP on the actual gauge itself. I'm inclined to say it's CHP/ crank Horse power.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Magnetic

Take it all with a Grain of salt* that number can change based on Altitude...Temperature levels Etc. Notice it doesn't say WHP on the actual gauge itself. I'm inclined to say it's CHP/ crank Horse power.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Makes sense.

Thanks for the info!

Is VDyno still working for everyone? I've never used it before today but it always pops up with "E101: Not all columns needed for calculations found." even after attempting to change the column names to what the Cobb AP shows them as, I've tried editing the Cobb AP log in google sheets to only show the 5 items that it can use (I tried changing the column names in the log to match what VD shows them as under the "Column and Profiles" tab in settings). Nothing changes, still E101 every time I try to open the log. The part that makes me think the software is just broken is because each time I change the Column names and click save in the settings, it simply doesn't save them. I open the xml file after closing Vdyno and there is never any changes to columnnames.xml. I even tried editing the columnnames.xml file manually but the Vdyno sofware still gives E101 and the xml file just gets overwritten to show no saved changes to column names after closing the software. I have spent several hours trying to get this software to work but nothing seems to fix the E101 error code.

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
As of a month ago, the current version was working just fine for me. I have never had to edit my logs, I just copy them from the accessport and open them up in the vdyno.

Hmm. Maybe it’s a windows 10 thing. Lots of “antivirus” crap goes on in the background, might be blocking vDyno from working correctly or something. Even tried 2 different computers with same exact result. Just a huge bummer.

That's weird. I took a log a couple days ago and loaded it into my Virtual Dyno yesterday and had no issues on a Windows 10 machine running Version 21H2 and Virtual Dyno Version 1.8.3.

Also you want the files in CSV.

Attachments

That's weird. I took a log a couple days ago and loaded it into my Virtual Dyno yesterday and had no issues on a Windows 10 machine running Version 21H2 and Virtual Dyno Version 1.8.3.

My desktop win version is 20H2 so maybe I should try to update (my win10pro installation was liberated from the open seas.. YARR!)
but yea, as I stated before, I tried numerous workarounds even though the current version clearly supports Cobb AP logs in their native .csv form. I even tried installing the 32bit version of Vdyno but that version gets a fatal error at the splash screen. my second computer is a newer laptop that has a legit win10 installation and its the same result so no idea what else to do. I think I have a super old laptop somewhere I could try to find the power cable for and try it on that. not to mention that googling the issue only brings up threads from 3 to 10 years ago (for much older versions of Vdyno). not many threads, if any, involving 1.8.3 and E101 so that only makes it more frustrating. I just made exceptions in windows defender for the Virtual Dyno.exe but still made no difference. time to start digging through my old power cables..

Success!! so turns out version 1.2.1 from downloads.cnet works just fine. It didn't include the car profiles but I just copied the cars folder from the 1.8.3 version and boom. Works as intended! Super weird that I cant use the latest version but whatever. Check muh graphs!

Btw, Nice gains you got there!

edit: figured out how to show AFR and Boost.

Attachments

Last edited: