Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to go into sport mode 2018 fiesta st

haste

1000 Post Club
It should be right beside the button for turning off/on the driver's side heated seat. One press turns on sport mode and holding it for three seconds disables stability control completely
I wish I could disable ESC automatically every time I start the car....it gets a little old having to do it every time I drive.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The next best thing, true.

But I wish that it could be done instantaneously, without ANY input from me, or holding/hitting ANY button for any length of time, every time I get into the car, and I would have to take action only to turn any of it back on. [wink]

OP
A

agfa100

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the ans. BUT the issue is this is a 2018 and I do not have heated seats..... There used to be a you tube video on how to do this by a dealer under "Hidden things you can do with your ST" Now of course I can't find it. It's different on the 2018/2019 Still looking for the ans.....

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the ans. BUT the issue is this is a 2018 and I do not have heated seats..... There used to be a you tube video on how to do this by a dealer under "Hidden things you can do with your ST" Now of course I can't find it. It's different on the 2018/2019 Still looking for the ans.....
You still have a button down by the little opening in the dash,.below HVAC controls. That's the button.

it's not hidden. it's in your owner's manual. there's a button with ESC on it. hold it down until you get an alert and this icon 1677077713045.png shows up on your dash (i pulled this from the internet. can't remember if it says "OFF" on the dash but you'll get the image)

edit: i own a 2019 and i also don't have heated seats. the button's still there. it's just flanked by blank buttons where the heated seat buttons should be.

Dialcaliper

it's not hidden. it's in your owner's manual. there's a button with ESC on it. hold it down until you get an alert and this icon View attachment 54094 shows up on your dash (i pulled this from the internet. can't remember if it says "OFF" on the dash but you'll get the image)

edit: i own a 2019 and i also don't have heated seats. the button's still there. it's just flanked by blank buttons where the heated seat buttons should be.
Also should be in the manual, but clarification is that the ESC-off button handles two functions. Quick press is sport mode, long press-hold for >5 seconds turns ESC off completely. Both turn on the yellow dash light. You should see message on Sync screen for sport mode, and press/hold progress bar for fulll ESC off

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also should be in the manual, but clarification is that the ESC-off button handles two functions. Quick press is sport mode, long press-hold for >5 seconds turns ESC off completely. Both turn on the yellow dash light. You should see message on Sync screen for sport mode, and press/hold progress bar for fulll ESC off
But no one seems to know exactly just how much of the written in 'torque vectoring' is left after the full ESC OFF mode is enacted. [dunno] [:(]

Dialcaliper

But no one seems to know exactly just how much of the written in 'torque vectoring' is left after the full ESC OFF mode is enacted. [dunno] [:(]
Consensus seems to be that the “torque vectoring” (which only affects the front wheels under throttle and steering) is still present as it’s baked into the ABS unit, whereas the “electronic stability control” that controls the car’s yaw and roll during cornering is disabled

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Consensus seems to be that the “torque vectoring” (which only affects the front wheels under throttle and steering) is still present as it’s baked into the ABS unit, whereas the “electronic stability control” that controls the car’s yaw and roll during cornering is disabled
That's my understanding also, but it remains present even if the stability control is turned off.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
But at 100%, or is it diminished at all with the ECS fully off??
My understanding is that the ETVC remains at 100% even if you turn the stability control completely off. Here are quotes from a few references supporting this-

Unlike electronic stability control, enhanced torque vectoring control does not slow the vehicle but does help control excessive wheel slip and gives the vehicle cornering agility. The system only increases performance. Because of this, enhanced torque vectoring control is not disabled when the AdvanceTrac system is off.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...a&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web
That quote and link are from the ST supplemental manual for an '18, but the ST supplemental manual for my '16 says the same thing.

understeer goes all but unnoticed thanks to Ford's enhanced Torque Vectoring Control (eTVC) system, which labors away subtly, taming the ST's inside front wheel with a dab of brake in tighter turns. You can disable stability control with the press of a button, but eTVC remains active.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a4471/2014-ford-fiesta-st-64-10-roa0713/

Last edited:
OP
A

agfa100

Thread Starter #15
Yes, I did not know about the quick press. Thank you so much.....