Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to swap out the Reverse Lockout Adapter? (Reverse Lockout Lever ShiftSolutions)

Hello Fiesta ST Forum,

I found this alternate reverse lockout adapter which seems a little too good to be true. According to the instructions, you just twist(?) the old reverse lockout off, and then screw the new one on. But for every other reverse lockout adapter I've seen, the instructions mention that you have to go below the shift boot and disconnect the reverse lockout from there. Could anyone here clarify?

BTW, I am unable to find any videos online of anyone swapping the reverse lockout on our cars to one of the different aftermarket ones (RaceSeng, etc.). I'm not very good at DIY or with my hands, so if someone has a link to something like that, that would be great!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Yes, you have to go below the shift boot. The plastic trim piece that surrounds the shift boot and climate control parts just pops off. Apply very firm but even pressure and try not to lose any of the clips that hold it on. I put a titanium one from WC Lathewerks and it’s excellent, especially paired with his shifter extension.

Note that you don’t have to take out the whole console like this just for the shift boot.

https://www.lathewerks.com/focus-rs-reverse-lockout-ring.html

IMG_1417.jpeg IMG_2486.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Fiesta ST Forum,

I found this alternate reverse lockout adapter which seems a little too good to be true. According to the instructions, you just twist(?) the old reverse lockout off, and then screw the new one on. But for every other reverse lockout adapter I've seen, the instructions mention that you have to go below the shift boot and disconnect the reverse lockout from there. Could anyone here clarify?
I'm running exactly that in their wrinkle black finish and it's perfect!

ShiftSolutions Reverse Lockout.jpg

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
I'm running exactly that in their wrinkle black finish and it's perfect!

View attachment 56435
Just a question, did it come with a narrower/smaller spring? I noticed there's a little spring in the reverse lockout, and I'm not sure if it would fit in the narrower one.

EDIT: Ah, I see on their website it includes a narrower spring for the "Subaru style" lockout. Great! Well I think I can handle this, although I'm going to install the Whoosh short shifter kit first. ;)

Last edited: