Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swap from rear drums to rotors?

GhstPants

I have a 2014 SE with drum brakes on the rear and have been thinking about how I might swap to disk brakes. I believe I've seen kits for it online but I haven't looked too far into it whether those are any good. Talking to my boss he said i could probably find an ST from a salvage yard and basically take the entire Rear Subframe including the brakes and swap it out because there might be some bracket difference. Just curious about some peoples thoughts on if they have either done it before or know about it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The SE/ST Twist Beam is completely different and all the disk brackets are attached to it.

The kit you are likely thinking of is the gold coast kit for the brake conversion. Unfortunately it seems like their website is no longer up and I have had no luck trying to reach out to them. The beams on the base and ST are different. Your best bet is waiting to find a complete rear beam, the parking brake cables are different as well. So plan to get those as well, unless you are ok with no parking brake lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The kit you are likely thinking of is the gold coast kit for the brake conversion.
GCA never made a REAR conversion for an SE.
They only made UP-Size Rotor conversions for the FRONT of an SE and ST as well as an UP-Size Rotor conversion for the rear of an ST.
Sorry to say you are correct, they are no longer available.