Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I want a BOV that sounds like flipper.

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Sounds like a sequential BOV in my opinion, however I am nowhere NEAR an expert. This is only coming from personal experience and such. I don't want to go ahead and say it's probably some high-end racing flutter setup, but, who knows!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Sounds like a recirculated hks. The amount of flutter has more to do with the piping length and diameter than the bov itself. Its literally air bouncing around in the intake. ( my 2j/ hks bov combo would flutter and hurt my ears. Apart from shrieking like a jet under the dash

PunkST

2000 Post Club
And if the person doing the tune is good enough there might not even be a bov on the car. But that takes some real wizard level shit.

OP
Ecmdrw5
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I was unaware that inserts can be put in the HKS BOV. When searching for sound files it seems like I only heard the standard sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose wife thinks him a child for the BOV. When I first installed mine and took her for a ride, she rolled her eyes and looked at me, "lemme guess, because race car?"
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
FiestaSTy talking to himself........"Note to self, never take wife for a ride in my race car, EVER again. Why I did in the first place, idk."

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
According to my wife, I am a child. And as a child I want a BOV that sounds like flipper. Which one is the closest thing to the Ferrari at 0:11 in this video?
EXACTLY like flipper, as in an actual dolphin, in a sound file, played through a speaker in the front grill, triggered by the ECU when you let off the gas after it being down. THAT would be funny as hell. I'm sure it could be done. It's just a matter of programming.

OP
Ecmdrw5
Thread Starter #9
EXACTLY like flipper, as in an actual dolphin, in a sound file, played through a speaker in the front grill, triggered by the ECU when you let off the gas after it being down. THAT would be funny as hell. I'm sure it could be done. It's just a matter of programming.
Well the EU is making electric cars produce a sound. So how long until that’s modified to sound like Flipper, or a 95 Ferrari F1 V12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam4

Why would you want your car to sound like "They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning. No one you see, is smarter than he..."? A real car sounds like "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a tiny ship..."