Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you were to build your own stage 2...

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'll address you one more time because you tried to falsify my info.

It was the same exact tune and fuel, except the car ran a little leaner. Understand? Why it ran a little leaner? Because the temps dropped about 5 degrees. Just for you, I'll put all four datalogs on a vDyno later.

Also, no dude. I don't like you. We'll never have a beer together... If for some reason we're in the same place as each other and you introduce yourself, I'll kindly tell you one time that I don't want to be associated with you.

Please understand... I do not like you. I do not wish to be associated with you. I'd also preferred if you refrained from speaking/typing my name and referencing me in any fashion. Thank you for your cooperation.
What he wrote was "fueling was different" which is what I referred to...bottom line is the car ran differently. I'm not an expert on fueling but if there were different variables involved that require you to explain why your results are inconsistent then I would hardly call it a controlled study.

No hard feelings bro, I wish the best to you. Enjoy your car!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
What he wrote was "fueling was different" which is what I referred to...bottom line is the car ran differently. I'm not an expert on fueling but if there were different variables involved that require you to explain why your results are inconsistent then I would hardly call it a controlled study.

By 'the fueling was different' I mean 'one run was leaner'. Are you looking at these charts at all? Everything we've explained to you is literally in the graphs you've posted, you just don't seem to understand them.

jeff

2000 Post Club
By 'the fueling was different' I mean 'one run was leaner'. Are you looking at these charts at all? Everything we've explained to you is literally in the graphs you've posted, you just don't seem to understand them.
Looking at the vdyno, we see HP gain until redline. TQ gain until redline. Most of us do not drive the car past 6,200 rpms. If there is some magic in the fueling that explains away what looks like obvious gains under redline, maybe a different system should be used. The graph doesn't lie.

Power and torque are demonstrated on the vdyno and also on Mitch's real dyno and on one confirmed third party real dyno and confirmed by the folks at Stratified and Tune+ as commented or quoted in my other stage 2 thread.

Believe your vdyno instead of the above and enjoy your stock airbox gains while your engine is spinning beyond 6,200 rpms.

It's all good, you guys are fine fellows, enjoy your cars and mods!

twolf

Those vdynos were from the person you are replying to... it was his car. lol (Hijinx's car)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Looking at the vdyno, we see HP gain until redline. TQ gain until redline. Most of us do not drive the car past 6,200 rpms. If there is some magic in the fueling that explains away what looks like obvious gains under redline, maybe a different system should be used. The graph doesn't lie.

Power and torque are demonstrated on the vdyno and also on Mitch's real dyno and on one confirmed third party real dyno and confirmed by the folks at Stratified and Tune+ as commented or quoted in my other stage 2 thread.

Believe your vdyno instead of the above and enjoy your stock airbox gains while your engine is spinning beyond 6,200 rpms.

It's all good, you guys are fine fellows, enjoy your cars and mods!
Of course there's a reason-mean best torque happens at .82 lambda.

You're right, the graph doesn't lie. The cp-e dyno was done on different days, at different times, with different tunes. Clearly the across-the-board gain was the intake due to the many years of manufacturing and engineering experience along with multiple years of doing real dyno's on real cars. Obviously, the conditions and variables were clearly kept in check, as noted by the chart.

OP
B
Thread Starter #47
For my purpose, do you guys believe the big mouth snorkel would be a benefit to me? Or just stick with AP, FMIC,and E30. I rather focus on performance. No big turbo for me or exhaust.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
For my purpose, do you guys believe the big mouth snorkel would be a benefit to me? Or just stick with AP, FMIC,and E30. I rather focus on performance. No big turbo for me or exhaust.
For the cost in both dollars and ill-fitment? No.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I agree with dyn085, skip it. I bought it because it looked badass, I even repainted it for appearance sake. Others have made DIY snorkels and did see improvements in air temps but whether or not it adds power is up in the air. Probably 0.5 hp maybe or nothing.

It does look cool though.

twolf

Absolutely zero gain.

OP
B
Thread Starter #52
FMC and Adam + the best combination? Cheap and effective? What would be a good ballpark hp/tq? 93 and e30?

OP
B
Thread Starter #53
Thanks for the contributions. I pulled the trigger on all MAP products. Intake, AP with free tune, and their intercooler. I plan to get a e30 tune and call it a day. Not sure what kind of hp/tq I will see. Guess I'll hope for the best. Last thing...will this combo take out my buddies FoST 16' intake and exhaust. No AP.