Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If your FiST was totaled today, what would you be shopping for tomorrow?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would also consider a manual regular fiesta (and swap in st suspension) or a focus SVT, both of which would still handle very well, even if they lacked the power of the ST.

I would consider a 3 pot turbo, manual 'regular' Fiesta as well.

They may be even more rare/hard to find than our rides, but when you do find one, it would not be nearly as $$$$ for the same MY, mileage, and condition. [wink]

Your choices are more interesting than ours in most cases
It’s just the budget cars from my dream car list. My first car was an E30 325is evo 2 (2 doors😍) but sold it due to rust. My dream car is the S2000. Just love how long and sleek it is. Oem though, not a fan of the clapped out ones. Accord type s I just love how sleeper it looks. Mk1 golf is just an old reliable

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
As I think about this more, I would consider the new Acura Integra that's coming out, the Civic Si, and the new Civic type R that's coming out. I had always been a Honda and Acura guy in the past, they made many great cars, but then they got away from performance and didn't make anything that interested me for a long time. That seems to be changing, which is good news.
I had a '96 Integra GSR that was a great car, and the new one looks like it's going to be really nice. I always thought the Civic type R was a great car, but the current model has that over the top embarrassing wing. The new one that's coming out looks a bit more toned down.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I’d probably look seriously at a MINI hardtop two door. A Cooper S or maybe a JCW. I think the MINI may be the only small hatchback left in the North American market that is comparable in size, weight, and performance to our cars.
Don’t do it ! Mini’s are problems waiting to happen. I would not own one at any cost. Had a friend who had one and knew of people who had them all the same story things breaking and needing repairs and a lot .

Big turbo is just too much fun. Just driving down the road at the speed limit it turns heads. Mainly because it sounds like a big truck's turbo spooling. Then people are shocked to see this little egg. I personally love small hatchbacks. I'd probably just stick with another fiesta. In my area it's a rare car to see and most car people come up to talk about it.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I would also look into 25 yr old jdm imports.

Nissan pulsar
Toyota starlets

Stuff like that

Although as project/2nd/3rd car not as a daily

Well my FiST went down for a while due to a bad spark plug install and had to heli coil it, but got lazy ended up picking up a GR Supra. Wasn't really shopping for one but saw it in person and drove it and fell in love. Now my ST is down again and DD the Supra and it does well.

Let me preface by saying, I hope to die with this car in my garage (or more likely behind the wheel).

If I were forced, my most likely candidates are:

New
Mini JCW
Audi RS3
Golf R
Corolla GR

Used
Celica GT4
Evo
STI
Late 80's Toyota 4x4 pickup

Big turbo is just too much fun. Just driving down the road at the speed limit it turns heads. Mainly because it sounds like a big truck's turbo spooling. Then people are shocked to see this little egg. I personally love small hatchbacks. I'd probably just stick with another fiesta. In my area it's a rare car to see and most car people come up to talk about it.
For real, it's a ton of fun. Just had an exhaust put on this morning and basically didn't stop answering questions about the Fiesta until I left the building hahaa! Have had more sporadic red light conversations in the last few months with my ST over any other car.

Last edited:
I’d probably look seriously at a MINI hardtop two door. A Cooper S or maybe a JCW. I think the MINI may be the only small hatchback left in the North American market that is comparable in size, weight, and performance to our cars.
Pretty much my thoughts. I would likely be weighing the cost of a late model JCW manual against importing a Yaris GR (then working down the list I posted).

I have been looking at Ford Mavericks and Honda Ridgelines. I always have had small hatches with manual transmissions but have the itch to do truck stuff. But not enough to get a body on frame, overpriced behemoth. If only they sold utes in the states. Bring back the Ranchero!

Id probably sink the insurance money into something else but improving my other two cars would be a priority. Maybe I'd build another duratec mk1/1.5 focus, maybe id pick up a reasonable used full size truck. Nothing new interests me

This happened to me five years ago. My FiST was totaled and I couldn’t bear to replace it with another one, so I got a 500 Abarth, and have enjoyed it for the last half decade.
I remember test driving an Abarth. It felt like someone's uncle updated a 500 with materials he found in his barn. Just could not see the appeal of the car beyond the exhaust note.

I would NOT get a Mini under any circumstances. They are NOT like the Mini's of old.
I had a '18 cooper S. Dealerships were total ripoffs with service and the car had many mechanical issues. I would not get a Mini again just due to the way the dealer fleeces customers.