Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Introduction from new user

OP
Corey Hart
Thread Starter #21
Thanks again. Iv'e actually been in touch with Dizzy and between him and you guys, I think we have got a good idea as to what I have on this thing. I'm about to pull the trigger and get Dizzy to do me a full 93 tune but still waiting on the cobb ap that I bought off someone.
On one other note, I am having a real bad knocking from passenger front when going over bumps. Iv'e pinpointed it down to the top bushing ( if thats what its called ) on the Bilstein coilover. When I jack the wheel off the ground and grab it at the 6 o'clock position I can move it and its the top of the shock. I tried tightening the 3 nuts at top under hood but they are all tight. You can see it move where the big center nut is on top of strut.
Question is, does it just take the ford oem rubber bushing at top or do I need some special one from Bilstein ? Having a bit of trouble trying to work it out.
Thanks.

Dialcaliper

Thanks again. Iv'e actually been in touch with Dizzy and between him and you guys, I think we have got a good idea as to what I have on this thing. I'm about to pull the trigger and get Dizzy to do me a full 93 tune but still waiting on the cobb ap that I bought off someone.
On one other note, I am having a real bad knocking from passenger front when going over bumps. Iv'e pinpointed it down to the top bushing ( if thats what its called ) on the Bilstein coilover. When I jack the wheel off the ground and grab it at the 6 o'clock position I can move it and its the top of the shock. I tried tightening the 3 nuts at top under hood but they are all tight. You can see it move where the big center nut is on top of strut.
Question is, does it just take the ford oem rubber bushing at top or do I need some special one from Bilstein ? Having a bit of trouble trying to work it out.
Thanks.
Take a picture, but 99% of Bilsteins are installed using the stock top-hats and plastic bearings, including the B6/B8 and B14’s. If someone installed camber plates up top it will be obvious looking at the center hole, as you’ll see the adjustment screws/slots down in there. If you just see a regular locknut in a black rubber bushing, it’s a stock hat. The rubber might be cracked or something.

OP
Corey Hart
Thread Starter #23
Take a picture, but 99% of Bilsteins are installed using the stock top-hats and plastic bearings, including the B6/B8 and B14’s. If someone installed camber plates up top it will be obvious looking at the center hole, as you’ll see the adjustment screws/slots down in there. If you just see a regular locknut in a black rubber bushing, it’s a stock hat. The rubber might be cracked or something.
Thanks Dialcaliper.
Yes, it just looks standard up top. Maybe I can run down to Ford in the morning. 20231020_171436.jpg IMG-20231020-WA0000.jpg

Dialcaliper

Thanks Dialcaliper.
Yes, it just looks standard up top. Maybe I can run down to Ford in the morning. View attachment 58651 View attachment 58652
Nice - those are definitely B14’s. Look in the engine bay at the strut tower where the 3 top bolts are - there’s a hole in the center, where you can see the top nut from the strut. Look down the hole for the locknut and black rubber bushing (most likely), or an adjustable camber plate (less likely, but possible given the mods on the car and the strut picture that has a standard looking bolt at the knuckle/wheel hub (as opposed to an eccentric camber aka “crash” bolt). Looks like the previous owner went over the suspension and sway bars as well. Looks like quite a bit of money and time has gone into that car.

OP
Corey Hart
Thread Starter #25
Nice - those are definitely B14’s. Look in the engine bay at the strut tower where the 3 top bolts are - there’s a hole in the center, where you can see the top nut from the strut. Look down the hole for the locknut and black rubber bushing (most likely), or an adjustable camber plate (less likely, but possible given the mods on the car and the strut picture that has a standard looking bolt at the knuckle/wheel hub (as opposed to an eccentric camber aka “crash” bolt). Looks like the previous owner went over the suspension and sway bars as well. Looks like quite a bit of money and time has gone into that car.
ok thanks for that! I am going to check on that. Hopefully i will just need to go to ford to get a bushing in the morning.