Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is $17,750 for base Fist a good deal?

It’s a good deal. I paid $17400 with no options before tax and BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Didn't want to start a new thread. I'm in nor cal (not too far from the bay area). Also looking to purchase a magnetic grey ST with the black wheels. Which dealership did you talk to? The few I talked with are all asking for 19800+ before tax/reg.
Make sure to check Ford.Com for the current rebate incentives and then push for at least a $1250 dealer discount on top of that. Make sure to let them know you know that these cars are discontinued and not selling well, so they can get a sale if they work with you.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Didn't want to start a new thread. I'm in nor cal (not too far from the bay area). Also looking to purchase a magnetic grey ST with the black wheels. Which dealership did you talk to? The few I talked with are all asking for 19800+ before tax/reg.
Not a bad price I would see if you can maybe get $800 knocked off, but at the end of the day you're still getting a good deal. The worst they could say is no. I paid $18,300 before tax and shit only option sunroof.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well I dealt with Autonation Ford in Valencia and I managed to stack up the rebates and a 2k private cash offer as well on top of the dealer discount. If my car had been base with black wheels it would have cost me $17,100 roughly . Between my paint and Recaros though it wound up at $19,679. Thats a pretty smoking deal considering I did order it how I wanted it.
Now there are only 8 ST’s within 100 miles of Palo Alto . Though there 57 within 100 miles of Los Angeles so you are definitely going to find the better deal here. I saw a Magnetic for $19,300 with Silver wheels.
This could go two ways either you find a dealer sitting on a car that wants to off it since its sitting . Like say Star Ford in Glendale who has 18 Orange Spice with a Sunroof and nav and hey are asking $23,000 lol.
I also saw several Magnetics for $19,690 with Black wheels 2019’s.

The flip side is the dealers know this is the last of the last and do not feel they need to budge on the price right now.6-9 months from now that could change.
So make the rounds

Koon's in Silver Springs offered me a White 2019 ST with Navigation for $17,578 after rebate (bases on my location, $2500).

I tried to get three other dealers to match and they refused. Chino Hills is trying to get me to come into the store and still stuck on $22k OTD.

The car above is $20,744 OTD, it sold a few days ago.

They are offering me a Black base no options for $17,048 after rebate

Yes you can get Fiesta ST for $17k. I can also get a 2017 new for $17,445

Well I dealt with Autonation Ford in Valencia and I managed to stack up the rebates and a 2k private cash offer as well on top of the dealer discount. If my car had been base with black wheels it would have cost me $17,100 roughly . Between my paint and Recaros though it wound up at $19,679. Thats a pretty smoking deal considering I did order it how I wanted it.
Now there are only 8 ST’s within 100 miles of Palo Alto . Though there 57 within 100 miles of Los Angeles so you are definitely going to find the better deal here. I saw a Magnetic for $19,300 with Silver wheels.
This could go two ways either you find a dealer sitting on a car that wants to off it since its sitting . Like say Star Ford in Glendale who has 18 Orange Spice with a Sunroof and nav and hey are asking $23,000 lol.
I also saw several Magnetics for $19,690 with Black wheels 2019’s.

The flip side is the dealers know this is the last of the last and do not feel they need to budge on the price right now.6-9 months from now that could change.
So make the rounds
Star in Glendale still has that 2018.

Larry Green Ford in Bythe, CA has 2017 Black new for $17k.

Since Black and Magnetic are the most common colors you can easily force the price down by making dealers compete for your business.

You can further entice a local dealer to play by getting a service contract. Get the price from https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/ best prices for that and extended warranty.

Make them price match that too.

In the Bay Area try San Leandro Ford.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Since Black and Magnetic are the most common colors you can easily force the price down by making dealers compete for your business.

You can further entice a local dealer to play by getting a service contract. Get the price from https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/ best prices for that and extended warranty.

Yup you are always gonna get the Black or Grey cheaper as they order to many of them because they are faster sellers. Its funny though because once these things are gone Colors like Orange Spice , Molten Orange and Green Envy will be really sought after. I watched the same thing happen in the M3 world dealers had a hard time selling Techno Violet and Estoril Bllue and Hellrot Red, Boston Green. Now those are all really sought after M3 colors.

I don't want Black or Metallic. I am going to keep working on getting a White ST or I'll get the Race Red ST locally for $9695. Yeah it's got 112k on the clock but Ecoboost engine wear is minimal with those miles.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I don't want Black or Metallic. I am going to keep working on getting a White ST or I'll get the Race Red ST locally for $9695. Yeah it's got 112k on the clock but Ecoboost engine wear is minimal with those miles.
Thats damn cheap and if clean title and clean is not a bad way to go at this point. VS trying to get a smoking deal on a new Platinum White.

No warranty vs 3/36?

It's not a huge concern but I have been driving around a 2015 Titanium Fiesta and Sync 2 has gone batty on me a few times. Not that I didn't have problems with Sync 3.x at times in my Focus ST but without upgrading the ACM I am stuck with Sync 2 in 2015 and older ST's.

My sister has messed up her MCL so that throws a spanner in the works. I can't leave my father unattended for more than about 6-7 hours. So going to Koon's in MD where I got the "impossible" quote from isn't possible until she recovers enough to care for him.

The other side of that is the Fiesta Ti that I have been using is a rental at the cost of $45-50 a day. Which makes it harder to save money overall.

So the sooner I can stop renting the better. But I am not about to pay an extra $2K just to say I bought local. I can get a 2015 White for $8890 but it's in FLA.

It took three dealers with a Race Red Focus ST2 until I found one that would take the Koon's B-more quote since we couldn't agree on trade-in value for the Hyundai I previously mentioned.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
$50 a day to rent a Ford Fiesta? Are you telling me you're spending $1,500 a month to rent a car? Maybe I'm not understanding you but that's insanity.
You have been here for three years and never bought a car very confused.

Last edited:
$50 a day to rent a Ford Fiesta? Are you telling me you're spending $1,500 a month to rent a car? Maybe I'm not understanding you but that's insanity.
You have been here for three years and never bought a car very confused.

If you really want to know how and why I rent cars that cost $45-$50 a day, PM me it's off topic.

When I first signed up to the forum I thought about buying a Fiesta ST. I couldn't get a CA/AZ dealer to sell me one for the pre-approved amount. I ended up buying a 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport Hatchback, 6 speed manual for $16,000 OTD. under invoice.

Total was around $17,900 paying local taxes to DMV and another $69 to smog it, yeah even NEW cars brought into the state.

After I repaired my credit and with a nod to building a family soon, I bought the Focus ST. 2016 Race Red ST2, traded-in the Hyundai and rolled $1,200 negative into the new loan.

So I did buy a car (two) since joining this forum, just not a Fiesta ST, yet.

$25k for 2018? It does say "Manager's Special" on it.

Orange Spice and Power Moonroof only options.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
$25k for 2018? It does say "Manager's Special" on it.

Orange Spice and Power Moonroof only options.
That is why I hate Star Ford they are notorious for playing all those old school games to jack prices up. All those add ons are BS that they make bank on. Its also usually inferior products to what you can source on your own.
Lo Jack is a joke as its totally up to the local Police Jurisdiction whether or not they choose to monitor LO Jacks systems for their city not all do.

I was gonna by my car from Star in late 2016 stupid ass salesman sat me down and tried to play the old 4 squares on sheet game with me. I told him to give me a price and he says I will give you a price if you promise you will buy today lol.
I walked.
Galpin also tries to add stuff on to make more money as well they are another dealer that likes to install Lo Jack systems on the cars before anyone buys them. Then tries to sell you on how good it is your getting a Lo Jack.
I walked on Galpin on as well as the senior sales guy could not guarantee I would get my rebates if I ordered as they did not have my color seat combo.
He also was much more interested in trying to sell me whatever was on the lot . If you are not particular sometimes thats how you get the deal.
I walked on him as well. Lol Only after coming back with an Autonation price printed out from them to see if he would beat it. He again could not commit.
That was how I wound up buying my car at Autonation in Valencia after looking as far as Washington to Montana to Arizona.

After taxes and licensing I paid about 20k for mine (everything but painted wheels/sunroof) purchased in Illinois plated in Indiana. So 17k to me seems like a fair price to me.