Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why is your coolant look dark and not bright orange? Maybe it's just shadows playing tricks.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Jeeze, good catch. My stomach dropped when I saw your quote because I thought it was my engine bay for a split second.

@Rocketst What is that?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #285
Why is your coolant look dark and not bright orange? Maybe it's just shadows playing tricks.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
It's blue. I'm using engine ice coolant. It's actually bright blue.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #286
So interesting effect the catch cans had... Either the car hates the cold which could totally be it OR the catch cans may have made my stalling issue slightly better.. do the catch cans really help with the octane? I heard oil getting into your intake really does lower your octane bad.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #287
Alright guys so I mentioned in my oem take off sell ad that I had a few issues passing inspection. I didn't realize this but side exit exhaust are hella illegal... The 2j side exit is absolutely amazing and I love it... But it has to go. It's too much of a pain to keep. I had to pay a muffler shop to weld in a straight pipe off the 3 inch midpipe on it so I could pass state inspection. I also purchased a epa compliant 3 inch high flow cat so I can pass the inspection next year. These cats have the EPA cert code on them and are not sold for our cars as a complete package at all so I will be coming out with a tutorial on how to set one of these up for anyone who wants to know. I also ordered a thermal exhaust from Ron. This will at least make it to where I don't have any trouble next year for my inspection. Anyone here wanna buy the side exit from me? Even with it being illegal, the thing sounds amazing, quiet when cruising no drone and when you get on it an amazing roar. As far as I'm aware, any state without an inspection will be fine and few cops will pull you over. As I stated unless you get on it it's not loud.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Alright guys so I mentioned in my oem take off sell ad that I had a few issues passing inspection. I didn't realize this but side exit exhaust are hella illegal... The 2j side exit is absolutely amazing and I love it... But it has to go. It's too much of a pain to keep. I had to pay a muffler shop to weld in a straight pipe off the 3 inch midpipe on it so I could pass state inspection. I also purchased a epa compliant 3 inch high flow cat so I can pass the inspection next year. These cats have the EPA cert code on them and are not sold for our cars as a complete package at all so I will be coming out with a tutorial on how to set one of these up for anyone who wants to know. I also ordered a thermal exhaust from Ron. This will at least make it to where I don't have any trouble next year for my inspection. Anyone here wanna buy the side exit from me? Even with it being illegal, the thing sounds amazing, quiet when cruising no drone and when you get on it an amazing roar. As far as I'm aware, any state without an inspection will be fine and few cops will pull you over. As I stated unless you get on it it's not loud.

Man, that's a bummer. How much money do you have in this car? Do you keep a running total?

Edit: if you don’t mind me asking :)

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #289
Yes. I'm currently at 27k lol... I actually just looked this up... I could have bought a Shelby cobra kit car for the price.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes. I'm currently at 27k lol... I actually just looked this up... I could have bought a Shelby cobra kit car for the price.

Does that include the car? If so, I have more in my car unfortunately... LOL and no built motor..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
HA!
If I keep going, and do not practice some form of self restraint (or at least sell some rolling stock), I will be at that level from just wheels/tires ALONE!! [chair][crazyeye]

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #293
All in all if I paid the car off and paid off all my debt, this car would have 57k in it.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #294
Car cost me about 27k cuz I didn't know how to haggle. My seats are on of a kind though so I'm not too bummed

Just read through this whole thread and realized you like like 20-30 minutes from me [mention]Rocketst [/mention]. Super cool and thank you for going through a build like this to further the platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #296
Just read through this whole thread and realized you like like 20-30 minutes from me [mention]Rocketst [/mention]. Super cool and thank you for going through a build like this to further the platform

Yeah no problem. It's fun sharing a passion on here with so many people. And the help has been amazing. What part of VA you live in?

Yeah no problem. It's fun sharing a passion on here with so many people. And the help has been amazing. What part of VA you live in?

I live in Virginia Beach. Message me if you want and I’ll add you on fb or something.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #300
So car is running better. Talking with Alex from stratified it seems the ve tables are messed up so some fine tuning needs to be done on them before we proceed. Car still dies when coming to a stop but not nearly as often as it was. Power has been greatly decreased which is unsatisfying but I know the potential is still there and it's only for the best of the car. The original tune assumed the be tables were correct and with them not being correct we can't even tune for power yet. I'm pretty sure my plugs are fouled and today I intend to clean those, check for leaks, figure out where this whistle sound is coming from and install the thermal I got a few days ago.