Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just drove a Tesla Y and Chevy Bolt

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
Tough to say without knowing his like 100% lol. I know I used to move a lot so having an SUV (02 Durango) at the time was much more handy than when I had to move with a Jetta. It certainly can be a pain to bend over and pull out and pick stuff up out of a trunk, especially if you’re tall.

ANYWHO,

@jeff the next EV you have to drive for us is the Porsche Taycan. Any initial thoughts on that?
See you know what I'm trying to say. I'm 6'2" so maybe I get it more than shorter folk. I never thought of these things till I was past age 40.

Porsche....out of my league. I've read about them though and a Porsche is a Porsche so I'm sure it's amazing!

I mean if we really want to talk eco cars we should be discussing my recent love for rebuilding manual tranny hybrids! I've done 2 in the last 6 months!

(note the Fiesta behind my current project)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I am definitely not tall.
Did you ever think you would become a Honda insight expert?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
I am definitely not tall.
Did you ever think you would become a Honda insight expert?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
No. It's crazy. Long story short I knew nothing about them, a friend brought his over earlier last year and forced me to drive it, I did expecting nothing, and wow. Before long I bought one to rebuild and sell, and did so, and made some money. I missed it. So I sold my Prelude and Cooper S and searched for another Insight. Finally found and bought a good one and I plan to keep it (unless a better one comes along, I'll sell #2 and rebuild #3) for a few years at least and enjoy it.

They're really amazing cars. They do only one thing good - MPG. But that's the charm of it. Honda gave their engineers total freedom and nearly unlimited resources to make the most fuel efficient gas car possible, and they did. It's super weird and totally uncompromising. That's what I love about it. And modding the car is so fun. On my current one (#2) I've already spent about $1000 in repairs and mods - better springs, clutch cutoff switch, S2000 wheel, current hacking the BCM, and much more. So many little things you can do to these cars to improve them.

Here's a vid I just posted last week about what I've learned...my Fiesta videos get a few thousand views but the Insight ones get a hundred if they're lucky. Still it's fun to tinker with this platform.

View: https://youtu.be/dEFuGyr9Jj4

Last edited: