Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Keeping The Party Cool! Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Radiator R&D!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I bypassed the stock oil to water cooler that places more load on the tiny stock radiator when the car had 293 miles on it as I knew it was not going to be a viable setup. I spent considerable time and funds on a DIY setup that works great but a bolt on is a no brainer when you can just buy it and a little effort put in and done!

A drain plug for the radiator would be a solid addition. Thank you for being open about the development process for this chassis and actually picking up a test mule.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am sure it will have one, the none FiST radiator I installed has one and a second plug which is likely for a sensor if needed.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #28
Great news and thanks for the PM on it as well:)

Oil cooler kit and the radiator would be a sweet combo indeed!

I have a huge amount of time in fitting a DIY setup and would of loved to just buy and bolt in the parts instead.

I am considering a second FiST as mine is becoming so modded I do not want to drive it in bad weather, to much time and money to replace, a more stock one with some nice general and cooling mods would be great fun to have.
I bypassed the stock oil to water cooler that places more load on the tiny stock radiator when the car had 293 miles on it as I knew it was not going to be a viable setup. I spent considerable time and funds on a DIY setup that works great but a bolt on is a no brainer when you can just buy it and a little effort put in and done!
Your build sounds awesome, thank you for your continuing support!

Subscribed, will definitely buy once this is released!
Subbed for intense interest in a combo setup.
We are loving all of your interest in this project, its awesome to have others as into this build as we are!

Subscribed and you're on the East coast ?! Oh my!
Our headquarters is right here in Deleware, we are happy to represent the East Coast!

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #29
A drain plug for the radiator would be a solid addition. Thank you for being open about the development process for this chassis and actually picking up a test mule.
I am sure it will have one, the none FiST radiator I installed has one and a second plug which is likely for a sensor if needed.
While our existing design does not have one, if we see a need or allowable space to add one we will certainly consider it. I will definitely note that we have interest for one.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've pushed my oil temps ( inferred ) to 259 degrees before in minutes as well before freaking out to let the motor cool. I've never experienced a modern car over heating due to slightly more power, so its both funny/cute and disappointing at the sametime to me. My friend had an issue with his wrx powered Forrester over heating when driving up long drawn out grades around the west coast and he replaced his stocl rad with a mishimoto and was very happy. I'm still excited about this options as we all should be.

meFiSTo

While our existing design does not have one, if we see a need or allowable space to add one we will certainly consider it. I will definitely note that we have interest for one.
Does it have little drain valve then? There's got to be some way to drain it for flushes, yes?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Stock unit has none but pulling the hose will drain it well though a much bigger mess and pain in the arse so I hope it has a drain!

----------------------

I will have to stop by MM on my NA tour, starting this fall or next spring:)

This is awesome! I need this for my track days in this desert(Las Vegas) heat.
You guys should bring one to SEMA so I could purchase it and be the first to prove how awesome mismoto radiators are!

John

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #35
Does it have little drain valve then? There's got to be some way to drain it for flushes, yes?
Stock unit has none but pulling the hose will drain it well though a much bigger mess and pain in the arse so I hope it has a drain!

----------------------

I will have to stop by MM on my NA tour, starting this fall or next spring:)
put a drain cock on it or people will be drilling into the pretty aluminum and putting one in [nono]
Thank you so much for the feedback guys! This is exactly why we involve you in the process of creating our parts not just the finished product. We always want to be creating products that enthusiasts of the platform want to use so we will make sure to consider all of your suggestions including this one. We will keep you updated as the developments move along, so stay tuned!

This is awesome! I need this for my track days in this desert(Las Vegas) heat.
You guys should bring one to SEMA so I could purchase it and be the first to prove how awesome mismoto radiators are!

John
Thanks for the kind words John! We will make sure to keep you in the loop through the development process up to the time that they become available for purchase!

Rhinopolis

You guys sell Liquid Chill Engine Coolant http://www.mishimoto.com/liquid-chill.html and I would like to see test results with your new FiST radiator utilizing the Liquid Chill Coolant, and then the standard Ford supplied coolant.

If there is a measurable improvement in cooling with the Liquid Chill, then I imagine you will need to order more to stock your shelves. Make it a package deal (radiator plus LC) when the new radiators are offered?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #37
You guys sell Liquid Chill Engine Coolant http://www.mishimoto.com/liquid-chill.html and I would like to see test results with your new FiST radiator utilizing the Liquid Chill Coolant, and then the standard Ford supplied coolant.

If there is a measurable improvement in cooling with the Liquid Chill, then I imagine you will need to order more to stock your shelves. Make it a package deal (radiator plus LC) when the new radiators are offered?
Thanks for the great suggestions! If time and resources allow we will certainly consider testing with our coolant vs what would come stock in the FiST or something along those lines. I will make note of your suggestion to offer Liquid Chill packages with the radiators when the time comes, in the meantime, is anyone else interested in the liquid chill offered as a package with our radiator?

Rhinopolis

Not to detract from the thread topic, and since coolant is most definitely related and since I've got you on the subject [hihi], is there any reason why Liquid Chill Engine Coolant would not meet spec for our car? Are there any special requirements of running Liquid Chill such as changing it out more often etc., that we would need to be aware of?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have been considering your coolant but have not taken the time to look into it yet, since brought up here I would like to hear some comments on it as it is more costly than regular antifreeze or water wetter, I am sure there is a reason:)

I have used water wetter and distilled water for years in the summer, usually a bit of antifreeze mixed in to cover spring and fall as well then drain and use water and antifreeze as needed in the winter, mixed to cover the coldest temps expected for many years now. I am always looking for a better solution when it comes to cooling!

Rick

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #40
Not to detract from the thread topic, and since coolant is most definitely related and since I've got you on the subject [hihi], is there any reason why Liquid Chill Engine Coolant would not meet spec for our car? Are there any special requirements of running Liquid Chill such as changing it out more often etc., that we would need to be aware of?
I have been considering your coolant but have not taken the time to look into it yet, since brought up here I would like to hear some comments on it as it is more costly than regular antifreeze or water wetter, I am sure there is a reason:)

I have used water wetter and distilled water for years in the summer, usually a bit of antifreeze mixed in to cover spring and fall as well then drain and use water and antifreeze as needed in the winter, mixed to cover the coldest temps expected for many years now. I am always looking for a better solution when it comes to cooling!

Rick
Thanks for your interest in Liquid Chill! Our coolant is universal and is safe for all types of vehicles. There are no special instructions for using Liquid Chill and it is safe to use all year round. If you would like to check out its full specs you here is the link:

http://www.mishimoto.com/liquid-chill-synthetic-coolant-50-50-mix.html