Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED Turn Signals

SICKESSS-ST

Hello all,

I installed front, dual color LED turn signals this past weekend. The problem is that the colors are backwards, when the parking lights are on the amber LEDs come on and when I hit the turn signal the white LEDs come on. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Flip the bulbs if possible so the right contacts are where supposed to be. If not possible cut and swap the wires.

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #3
Flip the bulbs if possible so the right contacts are where supposed to be. If not possible cut and swap the wires.

I tried flipping the light bulbs, same results. I will try the wires this weekend when I have a chance. Thanks for the help!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If the bulbs flip 180 degrees with no change....that is a bit odd sounding...then the wiring change might not work as well.....

If you carefully tape some extensions to the harness, whatever method you can find, you may be able to tell without cutting the wires first.

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #5
If the bulbs flip 180 degrees with no change....that is a bit odd sounding...then the wiring change might not work as well.....

If you carefully tape some extensions to the harness, whatever method you can find, you may be able to tell without cutting the wires first.

Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks again!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Did you want the lights to stay clear with the parking lights while being amber when it blinks? Curios to see which bulb you purchased.

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #7

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Instead of cutting the wires, why not simply move the contacts on the bulb to the right position? Usually you can bend them around on these things.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Instead of cutting the wires, why not simply move the contacts on the bulb to the right position? Usually you can bend them around on these things.
On the bulbs he has this cannot be done, the contacts are pins not wires that can be bent.
All of the wiring is inside the headlight assembly, so any wire swapping would need to be done at the connecter going to the headlight assy.
The simple mater is that the wrong bulb was purchased for this application.
LED Switchbacks are available in either color configuration.

Dave

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
On the bulbs he has this cannot be done, the contacts are pins not wires that can be bent.
All of the wiring is inside the headlight assembly, so any wire swapping would need to be done at the connecter going to the headlight assy.

Dave
That's what I was thinking too, but I figured I'd suggest it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Nick,
This is why I suggested that your Co. sell the correct LEDs.

Dave

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #12

Dave
That's what I was thinking too, but I figured I'd suggest it.

Thank you both! I think I just need to buy the correct light bulbs, I'm just looking for a local place that has them.