Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Limp mode

Got "engine malfunction, service now" warning and spanner light on.. Happened while idling in heavy traffic, car had not long reached operating temperature and so hadn't given it any beans. Pulled off the main road and turned engine off checked under the hood everything looked ok, waited 10 - 15 minutes and started the engine, went to drive and noticed I had lost all boost.. Been like that ever since, will hopefully get Mazda dealership to scan it today. All warnings gone and no codes showing in torque pro app. But noticed this (photos) in proscan on the laptop.... Checked all boost hoses coming from turbo and all are tight. Even removed the oil catch can and fitted the factory tube.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Got "engine malfunction, service now" warning and spanner light on.. Happened while idling in heavy traffic, car had not long reached operating temperature and so hadn't given it any beans. Pulled off the main road and turned engine off checked under the hood everything looked ok, waited 10 - 15 minutes and started the engine, went to drive and noticed I had lost all boost.. Been like that ever since, will hopefully get Mazda dealership to scan it today. All warnings gone and no codes showing in torque pro app. But noticed this (photos) in proscan on the laptop.... Checked all boost hoses coming from turbo and all are tight. Even removed the oil catch can and fitted the factory tube.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
That's one of the things I hate about the Euro-spec ECU, it does not keep certain codes in memory after a power cycle. It's kinda ridiculous considering the car goes into "Mild" limp-mode to protect itself, so surely it should be important enough to log... I wonder if its different for the US-spec ECU's?

These days I keep the OBDLink scanner with me and scan immediately. The common one I get is "Intake Air Leak". This code clears itself when powered off.