Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for help with lightweight alloys

Hey guys
Looking for some lightweight alloys at the standard offset and 17x7
Ideally at least 3 lbs lighter than standard.. or even lighter

Literally giving up as everyone seem to find one.. they have a different offset or bore size

Anyone able to help out please
Please πŸ˜‰

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
L
Thread Starter #3

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Much appreciated my man

Did you feel Much difference in acceleration and all around fast driving?
I did. Now how much of that was reduction of unsprung weight is debatable as I did wheels, tires 200tw, front traction bar same day and shortly after had a custom E30 tune loaded so overall car greatly improved. The tires made a big change, oem potenza to Direzza ZIII. Traction and torque steer improvements were large.

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
I did. Now how much of that was reduction of unsprung weight is debatable as I did wheels, tires 200tw, front traction bar same day and shortly after had a custom E30 tune loaded so overall car greatly improved. The tires made a big change, oem potenza to Direzza ZIII. Traction and torque steer improvements were large.
Thankyou What offset did you go for?

Remember reading somewhere a lower offset possibly with mess up your suspension geomtry

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hey guys
Looking for some lightweight alloys at the standard offset and 17x7
Ideally at least 3 lbs lighter than standard.. or even lighter

Literally giving up as everyone seem to find one.. they have a different offset or bore size

Anyone able to help out please
Please πŸ˜‰
Rimstock makes a great wheel that a lot of us have called the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2. You can get it in 17x7 in the stock hub bore size, and most importantly, you can get it in what is basically the stock offset, 47. Even more importantly for your purposes, it's 5 lb lighter than the stock wheel. They used to be readily available here in the US, and then became very difficult to get here because the loss of a US distributor. However, since you are in England, I would assume it would be relatively easy for you to order from a distributor there or directly from them. The only caution I would have about them is that sometime during the pandemic I believe they moved their production from England to China, so you would just want to check reviews from current owners and be sure the quality is still good. It was excellent when I got them. My information is a few years old, and I don't know their current status other than that they moved production.Good luck.
www.rimstock.com

Here's some information that I posted for US owners who were looking to order directly from them-

There is currently no US distributor for these wheels. I got a set of four when there was one, and like them a lot. For those who are not that familiar with wheel options for our cars, the fairly rare 4 x 108 bolt pattern limits your choices considerably. I wanted to go with a stock 17 x 7 size, and as close to the stock offset of 47.5 as possible, and found this was basically my only choice, because you can specify a range of offsets in the TD wheels. I'm conservative with mods, and if I have a car that some smart engineers spent a lot of time thinking about, I don't lightly change what they did. I did however want to save some unsprung weight without paying a fortune for forged wheels, and these wheels save about 5 lb per corner, which is significant.

Last edited:
OP
L
Thread Starter #9
Rimstock makes a great wheel that a lot of us have called the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2. You can get it in 17x7 in the stock hub bore size, and most importantly, you can get it in what is basically the stock offset, 47. Even more importantly for your purposes, it's 5 lb lighter than the stock wheel. They used to be readily available here in the US, and then became very difficult to get here because the loss of a US distributor. However, since you are in England, I would assume it would be relatively easy for you to order from a distributor there or directly from them. The only caution I would have about them is that sometime during the pandemic I believe they moved their production from England to China, so you would just want to check reviews from current owners and be sure the quality is still good. It was excellent when I got them. Good luck.
https://teamdynamicsmotorsport.com/...SKFMzxTp_rf1cFQr4LhwIkp81MHZ04ZijlJmr62NCw9XU
www.rimstock.com

Here's some information that I posted for US owners who were looking to order directly from them-

There is currently no US distributor for these wheels. I got a set of four when there was one, and like them a lot. For those who are not that familiar with wheel options for our cars, the fairly rare 4 x 108 bolt pattern limits your choices considerably. I wanted to go with a stock 17 x 7 size, and as close to the stock offset of 47.5 as possible, and found this was basically my only choice, because you can specify a range of offsets in the TD wheels. I'm conservative with mods, and if I have a car that some smart engineers spent a lot of time thinking about, I don't lightly change what they did. I did however want to save some unsprung weight without paying a fortune for forged wheels, and these wheels save about 5 lb per corner, which is significant.
Thankyou buddy
Appreciated
Guessing the vehicle feels even more nimble? Brakes better and acceleration feels better?
How would you quote each of these topics in relation to an improvement with your lightweight alloys

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thankyou buddy
Appreciated
Guessing the vehicle feels even more nimble? Brakes better and acceleration feels better?
How would you quote each of these topics in relation to an improvement with your lightweight alloys
It does feel more nimble, lighter on its feet is the way I would describe it. It also improved the ride a little bit, with less weight to go up and down to be damped. I have not noticed any difference in braking. Acceleration feels maybe a little bit quicker on the butt dyno, but I'm not sure how to quantify that.
Having less rotational and unsprung weight is one of the best improvements you can make to a car.

OP
L
Thread Starter #11
It does feel more nimble, lighter on its feet is the way I would describe it. It also improved the ride a little bit, with less weight to go up and down to be damped. I have not noticed any difference in braking. Acceleration feels maybe a little bit quicker on the butt dyno, but I'm not sure how to quantify that.
Having less rotational and unsprung weight is one of the best improvements you can make to a car.
You sir have just secured someone a sale
Thankyou so much

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
You sir have just secured someone a sale
Thankyou so much
You're welcome, happy to share my experience. That's the great thing about a car forum, you can find out someone else's experience with something that you're thinking about getting.
If the Team Dynamics wheels are unavailable, this is another option that I have in mind if I ever needed some new wheels. I wanted the same stock specs that you want, 17x7 with a stock 47 offset (the stock offset is actually 47.5, but half a millimeter is just about within the range of manufacturing tolerances.) These come in 17x7 with a 47 offset, I think but I'm not sure the hub bore is stock so that you don't need hubcentric rings, and it's even a little bit lighter at 17.1 lb. I believe @akiraproject24 also mentioned these above.
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...d&initialPartNumber=W29081002GB&selectedRear=

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am not sure if the 4x108 17" TD Pro Race 1.2s were discontinued only here in the states, or everywhere else as well. [dunno]

But Team Dynamics did break from Rimstock recently, and they have a (even lighter yet than the older 1.2s) 17x7 63.4 bore, ET45 wheel available now.

I am not sure of where it is flow form cast (the older 1.2s were simply cast in the UK, and then heat treated, so heavier, but yes plenty strong!), so maybe this is what Capri to ST is referencing above??

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I am not sure if the 4x108 17" TD Pro Race 1.2s were discontinued only here in the states, or everywhere else as well. [dunno]

But Team Dynamics did break from Rimstock recently, and they have a (even lighter yet than the older 1.2s) 17x7 63.4 bore, ET45 wheel available now.

I am not sure of where it is flow form cast (the older 1.2s were simply cast in the UK, and then heat treated, so heavier, but yes plenty strong!), so maybe this is what Capri to ST is referencing above??
I didn't know that the 1.2's were discontinued, I hadn't looked them up for a couple years, so thanks for the information. I just looked up Team Dynamics, and I see the wheel that I think you're referring to. That's interesting that it's even a little bit lighter, and I also don't know where it is made.

OP
L
Thread Starter #15
I am not sure if the 4x108 17" TD Pro Race 1.2s were discontinued only here in the states, or everywhere else as well. [dunno] But Team Dynamics did break from Rimstock recently, and they have a (even lighter yet than the older 1.2s) 17x7 63.4 bore, ET45 wheel available now. I am not sure of where it is flow form cast (the older 1.2s were simply cast in the UK, and then heat treated, so heavier, but yes plenty strong!), so maybe this is what Capri to ST is referencing above??
You're welcome, happy to share my experience. That's the great thing about a car forum, you can find out someone else's experience with something that you're thinking about getting. If the Team Dynamics wheels are unavailable, this is another option that I have in mind if I ever needed some new wheels. I wanted the same stock specs that you want, 17x7 with a stock 47 offset (the stock offset is actually 47.5, but half a millimeter is just about within the range of manufacturing tolerances.) These come in 17x7 with a 47 offset, I think but I'm not sure the hub bore is stock so that you don't need hubcentric rings, and it's even a little bit lighter at 17.1 lb. I believe @akiraproject24 also mentioned these above. https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...d&initialPartNumber=W29081002GB&selectedRear=
Thankyou so much for the help guys
Decided on these in the end
Wanted some white ones and the Team Dynamics do not exist anywhere over here in white other than used
Ats streetrallye made in Germany
18lbs will be a nice enough difference from the stock
4x108 45mm offset

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
ATS has not been available on this side of the Atlantic for a while now. [sad]

I was looking at them way way back when I had my '83 Mk1 GTI.

Those are nice, and look a lot like the WRC OZ real tarmac hoops used by M-Sport Ford WRT on their Rally 1, 2, 3 rides. [thumb] [driving]

OP
L
Thread Starter #17
ATS has not been available on this side of the Atlantic for a while now. [sad]

I was looking at them way way back when I had my '83 Mk1 GTI.

Those are nice, and look a lot like the WRC OZ real tarmac hoops used by M-Sport Ford WRT on their Rally 1, 2, 3 rides. [thumb] [driving]
Thankyou for appreciation πŸ˜‰
Looking forward to seeing any potential benefits as our eu fiestas are stupidly nimble on standard alloys
Believe yours are about 100kg or 220lbs heavier than ours due to all the safety stuff?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looking forward to seeing any potential benefits as our eu fiestas are stupidly nimble on standard alloys
Believe yours are about 100kg or 220lbs heavier than ours due to all the safety stuff?
Yes, plus the requisite over here extra two doors. :mad:

I have pulled about 150 lbs. out by gutting everything behind the driver's seat, save for the rear door cards, and spare and jack, so that helps a bit, except for the weight distribution.

OP
L
Thread Starter #19
Yes, plus the requisite over here extra two doors. :mad:

I have pulled about 150 lbs. out by gutting everything behind the driver's seat, save for the rear door cards, and spare and jack, so that helps a bit, except for the weight distribution.
Then again you guys get e85 which we dont πŸ˜‰
Unless we buy it in barrels for 20 quarts at 85 pound πŸ˜‚ or 110 dollars.. and thats the lesser rated stuff

Shame you guys dont get the 3 door though

As for all the additional safety equipment that makes no sense either

Did you notice much difference with dropping all that weight

Have you fitted any lightweight alloys to your fiesta Mr m sport?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The car does seem to accelerate a minutiae bit better (I am still one of the very few running a fully factory tune and turbo on here), but yeah, that's all by 'seat of the pants', unquantified 'feel'.

I do not even have the factory wheels anymore, and have driven with the only slightly less than factory wheel weight TD Pro race 1.2s in 17x8 (~19 lbs.), with slightly heavier than the factory tires, 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs on them, and the ubiquitous on here (and in the states in general), 'go to', Konig Dekagrams in 16x8 (~14 lbs.) with (forgot the weight) 205/50-16 Nitto Neo Gens on them.

Truthfully, I did not feel much difference between any of these wheel/tire setups, and the factory so-called 'boat anchors', but then maybe I am not as sensitively adept at detecting those slight weight at the corners 'feel' differences that everyone else on here notices so radically. [dunno]

Last edited: