Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for help with lightweight alloys

OP
L
Thread Starter #21
The car does seem to accelerate a minutiae bit better (I am still one of the very few running a fully factory tune and turbo on here), but yeah, that's all by 'seat of the pants', unquantified 'feel'.

I do not even have the factory wheels anymore, and have driven with the only slightly less than factory wheel weight TD Pro race 1.2s in 17x8 (~19 lbs.), with slightly heavier than the factory tires, 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs on them, and the ubiquitous on here (and in the states in general), 'go to', Konig Dekagrams in 16x8 (~14 lbs.) with (forgot the weight) 205/50-16 Nitto Neo Gens on them.

Truthfully, I did not feel much difference between any of these wheel/tire setups, and the factory so-called 'boat anchors', but then maybe I am not as sensitively adept at detecting those slight weight at the corners 'feel' differences that everyone else on here notices so radically. [dunno]
A lot of respect for you taking time replying my friend
Thankyou