Loss of boost, poor idle and jerky throttle response

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #41
Is that the pipe with incoming air that goes down from the top of the engine to the turbo?
I figured out where in is.
Sadly, I have play in the turbine, so I guess my turbo is done.
Now I have to figure out what to do next. Does anyone still have a stock turbo that they'd be willing to part with, and if so, how much?
If money wasn't a thing I'd totally go big turbo or hybrid turbo. I'm not saying I won't end up doing that anyway, I just need to look at the options.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Now I have to figure out what to do next. Does anyone still have a stock turbo that they'd be willing to part with, and if so, how much?
If money wasn't a thing I'd totally go big turbo or hybrid turbo. I'm not saying I won't end up doing that anyway, I just need to look at the options.
There are quit a bit of Folk who might have one* I'd say $300-500 would be a good price for a 50k+ mile Turbsky.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Member ID
If you NEED to go for an upgrade I can try to be en extra set of hands to soften the blow. :ROFLMAO::sneaky:

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #44
Alright, it's been awhile since I updated this thread. As I mentioned in my other thread, I swapped the turbo and that didn't fix my issue. My mechanic friend is looking over the wiring with me and we've found a couple things in the wiring for the boost sensor that is underneath the car right after the intercooler. Does anyone have a link to where I can get a new pigtail connector for that sensor?

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #45
Alright, it's been awhile since I updated this thread. As I mentioned in my other thread, I swapped the turbo and that didn't fix my issue. My mechanic friend is looking over the wiring with me and we've found a couple things in the wiring for the boost sensor that is underneath the car right after the intercooler. Does anyone have a link to where I can get a new pigtail connector for that sensor?
This looks like it, but WHY THE HECK IS IT $80!?!
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3971589&cc=3436081&pt=49034&jsn=4984&jsn=4984

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #47
OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #48
Can't find it on tasca.
I did find this on ford parts, but I'm not sure if it's for the sensor on the manifold or the sensor on the cold side pipe. Do any of y'all know?
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/wire-assy-7845503-1?pdp=y
Btw, I would look at my car myself, but it's pouring rain here so I'm trapped inside [dunno]
Ok, I've come here to vent lol!
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/wire-looms-and-connectors/wire-assy-6465971-1?pdp=y
Ford Parts want one hundred and forty four dollars for a connector?!?! I might consider that price reasonable if it was pure gold . . .
At least I feel better about Rock auto's price. I still fail to understand why this connector is so expensive!

Member ID
For that kind of money and you would be soldering anyways, I would heavily consider junkyarding both sides of any similar 4-wire ford connector that has similar gauge wires and just solder in the entire connector. I mean, you would only be soldering 4 extra wires but would be saving well over $100.
Just my 2 cents.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #50
Well, I finally got my fiesta running again (technically my friend whoā€™s a mechanic and actually knows how to work on cars got it running) Turns out it was probably a wiring issue and in trying to diagnose it I replaced the boost sensor with one that was faulty. The second boost sensor we tried was also faulty šŸ˜”
Long story short, I now have a running fiesta with a 50k stock turbo.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Well, I finally got my fiesta running again (technically my friend whoā€™s a mechanic and actually knows how to work on cars got it running) Turns out it was probably a wiring issue and in trying to diagnose it I replaced the boost sensor with one that was faulty. The second boost sensor we tried was also faulty šŸ˜”
Long story short, I now have a running fiesta with a 50k stock turbo.
Like nicked wires @ the Boost solenoid?

Member ID
Also, do you guys have any guess as to what caused the wire issue to begin with?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Also, do you guys have any guess as to what caused the wire issue to begin with?
Mine did the same thing* Boost would cut out and i found the wires were nicked causing a short only when rained and i bought a Fomoco pigtail and fixed it* No idea....How it happened..Mouse? Previous install error and not securing it properly? [thankyou]

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #54
Mine did the same thing* Boost would cut out and i found the wires were nicked causing a short only when rained and i bought a Fomoco pigtail and fixed it* No idea....How it happened..Mouse? Previous install error and not securing it properly? [thankyou]
It was the wires to the boost sensor but I think the issue was up in the wiring harness. The connector itself had a poor connection as well so it could have been that.
Idk what caused the initial issue, maybe a tight wire management clip.
The sensor that was originally on the car is fine. I not knowing that replaced it with an ngk and later a motorcraft sensor both of which were apparently defective.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Member ID
It was the wires to the boost sensor but I think the issue was up in the wiring harness. The connector itself had a poor connection as well so it could have been that.
Idk what caused the initial issue, maybe a tight wire management clip.
The sensor that was originally on the car is fine. I not knowing that replaced it with an ngk and later a motorcraft sensor both of which were apparently defective.
Glad you got it sorted! Another NC fist back on the road