Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lost all interest in my ST

I think you‘re already putting in too much of your own energy. Definitely threaten to get those government consumer advocacy groups involved, and then follow up by actually reaching out to them and let them do the work.

I had spent a week getting dicked around by some dealership before I eventually just reached out to my state’s AGs office. Just 1 phone call, and a faxed demand letter, I got my money back and they took the car back within two days.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #42
I think you‘re already putting in too much of your own energy. Definitely threaten to get those government consumer advocacy groups involved, and then follow up by actually reaching out to them and let them do the work.

I had spent a week getting dicked around by some dealership before I eventually just reached out to my state’s AGs office. Just 1 phone call, and a faxed demand letter, I got my money back and they took the car back within two days.
Ill give some a call within the next few days. Still dreading thursday when I take it in and they will "look" at the car and say nothing is wrong.

Coastal ford vancouver or coastal ford burnaby? Sorry to hear of your issues. I buy parts from coastal ford burnaby but after hearing about this, I won't be anymore.

Mine has 190xxx km on it, and I bought it 2nd hand with 107700km on it. It's treated me very well besides battery dying, axle seals leaking, passenger motor mount broke 2x, and the paint/rust issues. Everything else was my own fault, such as breaking 2 tie rods. My engine doesn't lose any oil between oil changes which amazes me. It's never overheated but I'm sure it would if i tracked it, as it's come close when stuck in traffic during the summer. I've never had any experience with any ford service department, as I just go to dealerships to buy parts, but Cam Clark Richmond, Coastal Ford Burnaby, and Key West Ford I've bought parts from. For servicing, Cam Clark Richmond would be my preference for stupid reasons; smart and young chinese techs. You go to the MB service department in richmond and the techs are all young chinese guys. jk lol race makes no difference between skills.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #48
Mine has 190xxx km on it, and I bought it 2nd hand with 107700km on it. It's treated me very well besides battery dying, axle seals leaking, passenger motor mount broke 2x, and the paint/rust issues. Everything else was my own fault, such as breaking 2 tie rods. My engine doesn't lose any oil between oil changes which amazes me. It's never overheated but I'm sure it would if i tracked it, as it's come close when stuck in traffic during the summer. I've never had any experience with any ford service department, as I just go to dealerships to buy parts, but Cam Clark Richmond, Coastal Ford Burnaby, and Key West Ford I've bought parts from. For servicing, Cam Clark Richmond would be my preference for stupid reasons; smart and young chinese techs. You go to the MB service department in richmond and the techs are all young chinese guys. jk lol race makes no difference between skills.
If I keep the car I’ll try out Cam Clark Richmond.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Getting a dealer to fix issues free on a used car not involving emissions like in our area boils down to how much profit they made on your purchase price. In TN a used car if bought from a licensed Dealer must be able to be titled and in this county you must pass emissions first. So the seller has the option of fixing it or refunding your money. Most used dealers will not sell a car with a CEL on. Ford will not touch a used car complaint so before flaming and filing complaints on the dealer who can help you get an estimate from the service department to fix the issues then talk nicely in person with the used car sales manager and ask for help. Any repairs would come from his budget and he knows his cost will be way less than the estimate. If he is not inclined to pay for it see if he will "split" the costs which really is just him getting the service department to lower their price on these repairs. It will cost him zero. If not then go to his boss and try. Unfortunately you are not in a strong position but I'm sure you don't need cliché's and you have a list of "I should have's". Try to get the issues cured, the car is worth it.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #50
Will do, I’ll get as much paperwork as I can including all of the paperwork they did for the work they did on the car under their possession
so, just dropped the car off at Coastal Ford, they were acting strange about me wanting paperwork for all of the work they did before my ownership. Definitely sketchy. However I did see another beautiful white Fiesta ST there, so that made the experience a little better. Just waiting now for a call back with a diagnosis

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #52
Does that paperwork show they actually did the clutch or you're still waiting on them to produce it?
Still waiting... just got a call back saying they drove it and felt the same thing I felt, but that’s normal wear on the transmission and synchros “for a vehicle of this age”. Total BS and I’m going to get a second opinion

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #53
Still waiting... just got a call back saying they drove it and felt the same thing I felt, but that’s normal wear on the transmission and synchros “for a vehicle of this age”. Total BS and I’m going to get a second opinion
Not sure where to go from here, not like they are going to suddenly rebuild my transmission out of nowhere, even with outside influence from some authority. I’ll still file a complaint with the VSA but man really don’t want to keep this car any longer

Not sure where to go from here, not like they are going to suddenly rebuild my transmission out of nowhere, even with outside influence from some authority. I’ll still file a complaint with the VSA but man really don’t want to keep this car any longer
But have they actually diagnosed it to be a transmission problem or something else like misaligned cables or bad slave cylinder? Let's see what the second opinion says.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #55
But have they actually diagnosed it to be a transmission problem or something else like misaligned cables or bad slave cylinder? Let's see what the second opinion says.
Nope, just told me they drove it and that’s what they think it is. Honestly think they just don’t want to admit to any fault and won’t do anything more.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #56
Nope, just told me they drove it and that’s what they think it is. Honestly think they just don’t want to admit to any fault and won’t do anything more.
This is what they said, basically admitted they sold me a car with a bad transmission

Attachments

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #57
This is what they said, basically admitted they sold me a car with a bad transmission
To add to this, the advisor refused to print out paperwork for this, and I had to argue with him until he said “the work order is closed already”. Bullshit, as someone who works at a shop, you don’t close a work order until it’s paid for and the customer is gone. Eventually I got him to print it out for me but seriously AVOID COASTAL FORD VANCOUVER

i feel your pain. i own a 2016 st bought with 38k miles. within 3 months I needed the slave cyl, master cyl clutch flywheel and front axles replaced. had to fight with the dealer for 3 months to get it all done and wound up bribing the service advisor to take it in. then 4 months later the trans failed. went straight to corporate and they got me a new trans under warranty. Only got to use my car for about 5 months out of the 10 months ive owned it. fantastic car to drive when it works properly. not sure if i should sell while it runs or keep it because its such a great platform